Try this ridiculously delicious Grilled Fish Tacos- wonderfully light, fresh, depth in flavours, healthy, easy to make and the addictive taco sauce definitely going be your family favourite!
- 1 cod
- 3 Tortillas
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp mince garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 cup pico de Gallo
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup shredded cabbage
Fish Taco Sauce:
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbs hot sauce
- 1 tsp tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Mexican seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Lime juice
To grill the fish:
- Ingredients to make fish taco are taken.
- In a small mixing plate, take pepper powder, minced garlic , ginger powder,chili powder, cumin powder, paprika, oregano and salt.
- Add olive oil and Squeeze some lime juice
- Combine all the ingredients to make a marinade
- Place cod fish
- Rub all the spices over the fish throughly on both the sides. Let it marinate for 20 mins.
- Heat up the griddle over low- medium heat, place the marinated fish
- Cook on the both the sides till the fish is well cooked.
To make taco sauce:
- These all the ingredients to make taco sauce, I have taken yoghurt, hot sauce, tomato sauce, minced garlic, cumin powder, oregano, Mexican seasoning.
- In a small mixing bowl, add all the ingredients to the yoghurt
- Combine well
- Fish taco sauce is ready.
- Warm up the tortillas in hot griddle before you serve.
- Gather all the ingredients to make fish taco.
- Here I have taken tortillas, pico de Gallo, grilled fish, fish taco sauce.
- Take your warm tortillas, place some grilled fish
- Top with pico de Gallo
- Top with shredded cabbage, (squeeze some lemon juice if you like.)
- Thats’s Fish taco is ready to be served.
Tips to make Best Grilled Fish tacos:
- Fish: Buy the freshest fish as conceivable as the flavors are absolutely trustworthy.
Get the lean white fish filets since they need less time to marinade and cooks actually quicker. In the case of using cod, grill your fish over low medium heat as it has the tendency to break.
- Marination: Marination is the way to get more progressively rich flavors. You can marinate up to 30 mins.
- Tortillas: As everyone says homemade serves the purpose. You can use flour tortillas or corn tortillas made from masa flour/cornmeal. Always warm the tortilla over the hot grill before we use.
- Pico de Gallo: make fresh Pico de Gallo. Don’t store them in room temperature for more than 2 hours as it reduces the flavor.
- Taco sauce: I made the taco sauce using yogurt and other seasonings.
You can also use mayonnaise, sour cream or grated cheese.
- Cabbage: Shred the purple cabbage or green cabbage very thinly.
- Category: Appetizer, Snack, Starter
- Cuisine: Mexican