This Green chilli masala(Mirchi masala) is tangy, spicy with exploding flavors and the best accompaniment for any meal! It is easy, quick and is on your table under 10mins!
Make this super delicious simple green chilli masala that is going to be simple sides on your plate with layers of flavor.
The Mirchi Masala are nicely roasted in oil with the spicy Indian spices that perked up the chillies to an exotic side dishes ever!
You might ask? Is it spicy? NO not to a great! It has a mixed flavor of tanginess to spiciness.
The flavors and taste of this green chilli masala are competitive to each spice.
Why this recipe works:
Under 10 mins is enough to make this recipe!
Flavors are exploding
Can be served for various snacks for the bites.
How to make Green chilli masala:
Tips to make best the Mirchi Masala recipe:
You can de-seed the chillies to reduce heat.
You can use ghee for more flavors
For more tanginess add lemon juice.
How long can I store green chillies masala?
Green chilli masala can be stored in an air-tight container and refrigerate for 1 week.
How do you serve Mirchi masala?
Green chilli masala can be served with pav bhaji, sides for the thali, vada pav, side dish for curd rice.
Goes very well with:
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
Green chilli Masala/Mirchi Masala
This Green chilli masala is tangy, spicy with exploding flavors and the best accompaniment for any meal! It is easy, quick and is on your table under 10mins!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Indian, northindian
- 10 Long Green chilli peppers
- 1 tbs Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Hing
- 1 tbs Coriander powder
- 1 tbs Mango powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- Wash and pat the green chilli,slit open the chillies.
- Heat up the oil in the pan, add in mustard seeds, asafoetida and green chilli, cover and cook for 2 minutes or until its lightly cooked.
- Mean while, you can mix all the masala in a small bowl.
- Add all the masala to the green chilli, coat the masala mixture onto the chillies and cook for another 8 minutes.
- If you find the masala mixture is dry, you can add tsp of oil
- Serve it with simple sambar or curd rice.