This garlic egg fried rice is so easy and quick to make, all you need just rice and egg to whip up quickly! It has an amazing garlic flavour and on your table under 15 minutes!
This Egg fried rice is cozy and comforting flavorsome but not spicy and it is laced with eggs, rice, garlic, and few veggies.
If you have leftover rice, this recipe is the best and go-to one!
What is garlic egg fried rice?
The egg fried rice with the flavours and aromas of garlic in it!
There is no soy sauce or any other sauces that are usually added for the taste.
This is the simple and standalone recipe that comes together when handy!
This recipe is,
1. This Recipe can be done with the Leftover rice by just Tossings it with the veggies and eggs.
2. You may add your favorite veggies of your choice to make it nutritious.
3.Simple and pantry friendly ingredients.
How to make Egg fried rice:
Mince garlic and ginger
Finely chop carrots and cabbage.
Cook basmati rice.
Tips to make fried rice:
1.Mince the garlic and ginger finely and allow to cook in the oil
Stirring continuously for a minute that helps the oil to get infused with flavors.
2. Usually, long grain rice like basmati works perfectly for this recipe, You May use brown rice as well, but remember, the brown rice takes a longer time to cook.
Risotto rice is too short and starchy- we want the rice grains to be fluffy.
3. If you don’t like eggs, you may replace them with chicken. Diced chicken works perfectly for this recipe.
You need to season with salt and pepper, stir fry in the oil to cook the chicken. (You need to add more seasonings to bring out the flavor)
4. Have all the ingredients ready before start cooking.
5. If you like to spiciness, you may add chili flakes or green chilies.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How to cook rice for fried rice?
Wash and cook the rice for 2 or 3 times to remove starch, soak the rice for 10 minutes (if you have time, soak for 30 minutes) and pressure cook for 2 or 3 hisses.
Once the pressure released naturally, fluff up the rice using a fork, add little olive oil or sesame oil, and fluff up again.
For every 1 cup of basmati rice requires 1.5 cups of water.
2. What are the veggies that can be added?
Veggies like bell pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, the mushroom can be added.
3. How do you serve?
This fried rice has a very mild taste and has huge flavors.
I recommend serving with some spicy sides that goes well for this recipe. Or simply serve with tomato ketchup.
4. How long can I store the rice?
Leftover egg fried rice can be stored in an air-tight container and refrigerated for 2 days.
If you intend to freeze, store them in a freezer-safe zip-lock bags in small portions for 3 months.
5. Is this a gluten-free fried rice?
Yes! This garlic egg fried rice is gluten-free as we have not added any sauces to it.
Side Dishes that pair well:
Check out my other Rice Recipes
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!Print