Garlic chutney / Poondu chutney is going to be your favourite sides of all time! Chopped garlic in tomato chilli sauce gives you a best flavour ever! and MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER!
- 3 Whole garlic
- 3 to matoes
- 10 dry red chillies
- 1 pinch tamarind
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Take 2 to 3 whole garlic, peel off the skin and finely chop them into small pieces, dice 4 tomatoes and keep all the ingredients ready.
- To a blender, add dry red chillies and tamarind
- Grind to a fine powder
- To the same blender, Add diced tomatoes
- Ground to a fine puree. Keep aside.
- Now, Heat up oil in a saute pan, add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Let it sizzle for a few seconds
- Add finely chopped garlic
- Keep stirring for 3 mins
- Now Add tomato puree from the blender
- Stir well, add salt if required.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 8 mins
- Garlic chutney is ready to be served.
Tips to make best Garlic chutney recipe:
1. Make this recipe in gingelly oil because it has unique flavour. You could also swap to sesame oil.
2. Finely chop the garlic, you can use your food processor to make things easy for you. Give 2 or 3 pulses that’s it you get a finely chopped garlic.
3. You can adjust the heat as per your convinenet. To get a bright red colour add kashmiri chillies.
4. Saute the chopped garlic in gingelly oil until it is soft and tender.
- Category: chutney, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Indian, south Indian