The perfect frittata is loaded with the goodness of vegetables, creamy and delicious enough to send your tingling taste buds on a craving spree!
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic
- 3 tablespoon cream
- 1/2 cup zucchini
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degree F/ 200 degrees C before making.
- Add eggs to a mixing. Beat the eggs for 2 minutes till the eggs turn to a pale colour.
- Add cream,salt and pepperMix well.
- To a cast iron pan, heat olive oil, add chopped garlic. Fry the garlic just for few minutes till the garlic is infused in oil.
- Add chopped onions, stir fry till the onions turn translucent.
- Add chopped zucchini, cover and cook for 3 minutes till the zucchini is cooked.
- Add mixed herbs, pepper powder and salt.
- Add chopped spinach leaves. Cook them till the spinach leaves are wilted.
- Pour the whisked egg mixture. Gently swirl the vegetables all over egg mixture.
- Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper powder. Cook for 2 minutes over a medium flame.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 10 to 12 min minutes till the frittata are cooked.
Tips to cook the best frittata (stovetop and baked)
- Here is the ratio that you will need to know to make the perfect frittatas. You can cook a larger quantity or lesser quantity following this: For every 6 eggs, 1/4th cup heavy or full-fat cream, 1 cup cheese and 2 cups of filling (veggies or meat or both).
2.Here are some time tested combinations that you ought to try:
Spinach and cheese,Broccoli, onion and cheddar cheese,Mushrooms and goat cheese,Cherry tomatoes, zucchini, mozzarella and basil,Onion, carrot, bell pepper, cheese and chives. If you want a rich and creamy taste and texture use full-fat cream instead of just milk.
3.You can also substitute it with yoghurt, cream cheese or sour cream.
4. For the perfect consistency and texture, cook the vegetables first. Raw vegetables release water and could ruin the texture of the frittata. Cook the vegetables until tender by sauteing, roasting or steaming. Add the seasoning. And then the eggs. If you add the eggs too with the veggies, eggs cook faster, and the vegetables will not be done. You can also use a toothpick to check if the frittata is done well.
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch,Dinner, Snacks
- Method: Stovetop and Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: frittatas recipe,baked frittatas,stovetop frittatas