This Non-alcoholic Easy Fruit Cake recipe is incredibly quick to make,no-fruit soaking required ultimately moist and perfect for your holidays table. This recipe going to be a last-minute savor and stress-free cake!
- 2 Tbs Raisins
- 1/4 cup Dried plums
- 1 cup Tuttifrutti
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat the oven to 165* C / 325* F for 10 minutes
- Boil raisins, cherries,tutti-frutti, sugar, butter, applejuice, cloves,cinnamon and ginger powder in sauce pan over a medium heat.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, salt, egg in a mixing bowl, mix them using wooden spoon. At this point, it looks crumble.
- Pour in the fruit mixture to the flour and gently whisk them until it combined well.
- Pour the batter in a greased loaf pan, bake for 1 hour in 165*C/325*F. Check for the donness by inserting the toothpick, it should come out clean.
Tips to make perfect fruitcake:
Always use fresh good quality ingredients for better result.
Always pre-heat the oven for the even baking and browning
Double the ingredients for making more batches.
Always add required about dried fruits, adding more than required might make the cake very dense in the centre.
You can use muffin tins or Disposable pans etc, if changing the baking tins will alter the time.
Remember to grease the baking tin with butter or use parchment paper.
If the cake is growing fast, place the foil on top and cover.
Check for the doneness, by inserting the wooden skewers in the middle of the cake, it should come out clean.
Cool the cake before you de-mould the tin.
What other dry fruits can be added?
You can add other dried fruits like,
Orange and lemon candied peel
Dried pineapple etc.
- Category: baking, Dessert, Snacks/sweet
- Cuisine: American