This Easy Fish curry is ultimately quick to make with minimalist pantry ingredients, lusciously creamy, spicy, bursting of flavours! Making Fish curry can’t be easier than this, All you need is just 30 mins to make this gorgeous fish curry.
- 1 kg Barracuda Fish (You can use fishes like pomfret, seer.)
- 3/4 cup Tamarind
- 1/4 cup Peanut oil
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup Coconut
- 1 cup Shallots
- 1/4 cup Chilli powder
- 1/4 cup Coriander powder
- 1 tbs Turmeric powder
- 1 tbs Salt- to taste.
- Step 1: Wash the fish pieces throughly, and slice them according to your preference.
- Step 2: Add coconut in blender, add 1/4 cup of water and grind to smooth paste.
- Step 3: Extract tamarind pulp by adding 2 cups of water. Add all the spice powders chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, coconut paste, salt. Stir all the spices until dissolves well.
- Step 4: Heat up oil in a deep pan, add fenugreek seeds let it sizzle for few seconds.
- Step 5: Add shallots and fry to light golden brown, add the tamarind mixture and Add 2 cups of water. Check for salt. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 mins over a medium heat or until the gravy slightly thickens and the raw mixture of spices fades off.
- Step 6: Gently drop in fish pieces, cover and cook for 10 mins.
Buying the fresh fishes plays a vital role in making curry.
Dilute required amount of water to tamarind pulp to get a tangy water.
Using gingerly oil or peanut oil to get rich flavors of curry.
The real taste comes from the spice powders like coriander powder and chili powder. Give a taste test and add required amount of spices.
Fresh coconut gives the good texture to the curry.
- Category: gravy- nonveg, Lunch/ breakfast
- Cuisine: south Indian