Murungai keerai Thanni saaru/Drumstick leaves soup is so healthy and easy to make and bursting with flavour. The medicinal value of Drumstick leaves is tremendously limitless. This soup is super comforting, soothing, Quick and on your table in just under 15 mins!
- 1 cup Drumstick leaves
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2 tbs cumin seeds
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat up pan, add drumstick leaves and 2 cups of water, add chopped onion and tomato and bring to boil
- Now grind coconut and jeera by adding 1/2 cup of warm water and grind to a fine paste. Extract coconut milk throughly using mesh strainer.
- heat up the oil, add in cumin, once its splutter add in to the boiled drumstick soup
- Finally add coconut milk and let it boil for 2 mins
- Tturn off your heat,Add pepper powder and salt.
1. What are the types of greens can be for thanni saaru?
Greens like Manathakkali keerai ( black nightshade or wonder berry)
Agathi Keerai (August Tree leaves or hummingbird tree leaves)
2.Can I use coconut milk?
Store-bought coconut milk: Yes, of course, you can use store-bought coconut milk. You can mix cumin powder into the coconut milk and follow the method.
Coconut powder: If you have coconut powder in hand, you can mix coconut powder with 1cup of warm water, After 5 mins coconut milk is ready. Now you can mix cumin powder and follow the same procedure.
3.How do you serve Thanni saaru?
Thanni Saaru can be used with a bowl of soup or with rice.
4.How long can I store Drumstick leaves soup?
This can be stored for 1 to 2 days in the refrigerator. I don’t recommend storing for a longer period of time as it reduces nutritious value.
- Category: Soup, Starter
- Cuisine: south Indian