This Punjabi Dal Makhani recipe is so creamy, super tasty, and incredibly easy to make! The smokiness gives you more flavors just like your favorite Restaurant!
- 3/4 cup Red kidney beans
- 1/2 cup whole Urad dal
- 1 tbs Butter
- 1 cinnamon
- 2 cardamom
- 1 tsp shah jeera
- 2– star anise
- 1 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1 onion
- 1 tbs Ginger Garlic paste
- 2 Tomato
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbs Cream
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek seeds
- 1 Charcoal
- 1 tsp ghee
- Soak red kidney beans and crud dal separately for 8 hours preferably overnight.
- Add the dals to a pressure cooker and cook for 5 to 6 whistles over a low -medium flame.
- Once the pressure is released, Dals have been cooked well, to check the doneness, gently press the dal it should be easily pressed. Keep aside.
- Now heat butter in saute pan, add shahi jeera, cinnamon, star anise, cardamom. Let it sizzle for a few seconds.
- Add Nutmeg Powder and stir for few seconds.
- Now, add chopped Onions and cook till the onions turn translucent.
- Add freshly ground ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 to 3 mins till the raw smell disappears.
- Add Tomato Puree, cook for 5 mins.
- Add chili powder and Turmeric powder.
- Keep Cooking the onion tomato masala with the spices for 5 mins till the raw smell disappears.
- Add cooked dals
- Add the required amount of leftover cooked dal water.
- Keep Stirring and cook for 3 mins.
- Now add 1/2 cup of milk
- Add some cream
- Cook for 3 mins and turn off the heat.
For Dunger :
- Take a Charcoal using thongs and show it in the open flame for 5 mins.
- Keep a small bowl in the center of the dal makhani, gently keep the charcoal into the bowl.
- pour 1 tsp of ghee over the charcoal
- Quickly close the lid and keep aside for 8mins.
- Sprinkle dried fenugreek seeds and serve.
- Category: curries, gravy veg
- Cuisine: Indian, northindian