This Kothambir vadi is lip-smacking snack that you can make in no time! It is wonderfully crunchy, healthy, filling and satisfying delicious recipe! This to go-to snack whenever you want something quick, simple recipe with minimal ingredients!
- 3/4 cup of gram flour
- 1 cup of coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Roasted peanuts (crushed)
- 3 garlic pods
- 1small piece ginger
- 1 green chilli
1teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Roast the peanuts for 4 to 5 mins until they are lightly brown.
- Let it rest for a few minutes and then freshly them coarsely.
- Coarsely Grind ginger, garlic and green chilli.
How to make kothambir vadi:
- To a mixing bowl, add chopped coriander leaves, gram flour, crushed ginger garlic and chilli paste, chilli powder, fennel powder, salt.
- Add crushed peanut powder.
- Gently mix everything
- Add 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of water to make a thick batter.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 cups of water to boil in a separate saucepan.
- Brush some oil over the tin.
- Pour in the batter
- Gently place the tin to the boiling water and cover with the lid.
- Once it is done, you can check out for the doneness. Insert the toothpick it should come out clean.
- Carefully mould to a plate.
- Cut them in small pieces.
- Heat oil in the pan, place the steamed kothambir Vadi and fry them on both the sides till they are in golden brown colour.
- Serve with sauce or coconut chutney.
Tips to make Kothambir vadi:
- Ensure the cilantro leaves are completely dried before mixing them with the besan, as this is necessary to prevent lumpy dough.
- Ensure you steam on medium flame, as flame tends to make the dough thicker and hard even when not properly cooked
- Do well to add your water little by little, to avoid watery paste.
- Grease a plate with oil and spread the batter evenly to prevent sticky and hard batter.
- Category: snack/appetiser
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: indian
Keywords: kothambir vadi, kothimbir vadi, kothimbir vadi recipe