Mexican Corn Salad– Feeling heavy after having a spread of amazing food? This Mexican corn Salad gives you the right balance to satiate your taste buds. Light, creamy, salty, sweet, and modest salad to beat the summer heat.
What You'll Find in This Post (Show all)
What is Mexican Corn salad:
This is a Mexican style recipe and so is bold in flavors, spice, and taste too. Any foodie will agree that a corn dish ups the game to a feast.
The corn on the cob is what many enjoy. However, these corn kernels mixed with butter and spices makes the summer heat a dull affair.
All hot and spicy, yet refreshing, the salad adds not just taste, also the color to your menu.
A perfect side dish that compliments any vegetarian or chicken-based main course.
This Salad Recipe is,
1. Mexican Corn Salad is easy to put together in your home kitchen. It gets done in no more than 10 minutes.
2. Lightly Spiced, creamy, zingy flavors and the visual appeal will make your mouth water immediately.
3. This recipe will remind you of the most loved Mexican street food.
How to make Mexican Corn:
Cut the corn kernels from the cob.
Finely chop garlic, bell pepper, and coriander leaves.
1. Use a long bowl to cut the corn kernels from the cob.
This avoids any mess or the kernels from falling off.
2. Use fresh corn that is juicy and full, soak and boil in saltwater for some time and then sauté in butter to add the rich flavor.
3. You can grill the kernels on the cob before proceeding to make the salad.
4. If using canned kernels, just sauté them with olive oil/butter and char them with occasional stirring.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. I have some left-over salad, how do I store it?
Store in an airtight container, in the fridge for not more than 3 days. I bet you will never have any leftovers at all to store.
2. I cannot get the Mexican Cheese or the Cotija Cheese, what can I replace it with?
You can use Feta cheese instead. It gives similar results.
3. I am watching my diet, hence I cannot consume a lot of cheese, butter, and mayo. Will it still taste good if I skip or reduce the quantity?
Yes, it will taste good. You can replace mayo with sour cream and yogurt too.
4. Can I add more veggies to this?
You can add your choice of veggies and it will taste absolutely brilliant.