This Coconut Rice recipe is fluffy, easy to make with divine flavors of coconut milk and it better than your asian takeout! Pairs amazingly well with any sides!
- 1 cup Rice ( Jasmine Rice or Long grain rice)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 lemongrass
- 3 tablespoon toasted coconuts
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat coconut oil in the thick bottom saucepan, add lime zest &lemon grass. Stir fry for few seconds.
- Add rice, salt, and sugar. Stir fry the rice for a minute.
- Add coconut milk and water.
- Cover and cook in simmer for 10 to 12 minutes. Once the rice is cooked, Sprinkle toasted coconut flakes &Serve.
Use Both coconut milk and water to get the right texture of the rice.
Toast the rice in coconut oil for few seconds that helps to get the fluffy coconut milk rice.
Cover and simmer the rice, Turn down the heat to low and cook for 7 to 8 minutes to get fluffier rice.
Use a non-stick pan, so the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
Once the rice is cooked, let it rest for 8 to 10 mins and fluff up the rice using a fork.
- Category: Maincourse
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: coconut rice, coconut rice recipe, asian coconut rice