Ultra Extra Crispy and Super delicious falafel recipe- a famous Mediterranean street food made irresistibly from your kitchen. Your entire family will love this falafel. Every time you make it turns out“The Best”
what is falafel?
Falafel is the deep fried ball made from ground chickpeas, onions and other herbs. It is most likely originated from Egypt but commonly eaten throughout Western Asia.
Falafel grew to become a common form of Street food in the Middle East.
Can I use canned chickpea to make falafel?
Sorry to say this “NO” .Using canned chickpea makes the falafel to completely fall apart when you deep fry. Also, you miss the texture and taste of the falafel.
The key to great falafel is to soak the dried chickpeas and grind them when they’re still raw.
Can I bake falafel?
Yes, we can bake falafel.
Preheat your oven to 190 degrees C/ 375 Degree F for 5 mins. Spray some olive oil in baking pan.
Gently take a small lemon sized ball, flatten them slightly to make patties. Arrange in a baking tray and bake for 15 mins, then flip up, slide inside the oven.
Bake for another 10 mins or until they are golden brown.
Is Falafel vegan-friendly?
Yes, Falafel is Vegan-friendly. It doesn’t have any dairy or animal products.
How do you serve falafel?
Falafel served in a pita with onions, tomato, pickled cucumber, tahini sauce, hummus.
Are falafel is gluten-free?
Yes, Falafel is gluten-free.
What do you do with leftover falafel?
You can make falafel burger, falafel sandwich
Why does my falafel fall apart when I deep fry?
Keep the falafel mixture in the refrigerator for 30 mins before you deep fry, that makes the falafel to hold up the shape.
How long does the falafel keep in the freezer?
Properly stored falafel in an airtight container keeps well up to a month.
How to make falafel with step by step pictures:
Falafel is Ready to be served.
Other Recipes you would like to try:
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!Print
Classic Falafel recipe
Ultra Extra Crispy and Super delicious a famous mediterian street food made irresistibly from your kitchen. Your entire family will love this falafel. Every time you make it turns out“The Best”
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Appetiser, sides, Starter
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1 cup White chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 bunch Coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup Mint leaves
- 5 pods Garlic
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder ((optional))
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- . Place the dried chickpeas and baking soda in a large bowl. Soak overnight for 8 to 12 hours.
- When ready, wash once with running water & pat dry the chickpeas in the paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Pulse the coriander &mint leaves, then add chickpeas, garlic, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt and pulse to a coarse mixture.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Heat up some oil to deep fry over medium heat.
- Just before you deep fry, add baking powder and sesame seeds, gently mix them.
- Take a lemon sized ball, gently press them in your palm to make the shape of the patty.
- 8.Deep fry to golden brown.