That golden-brown crust with a wonderful moist texture and sweet flavour always brings me back to thinking of baking the next batch of Banana bread.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup banana (2 to 3 bananas)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Pre-heat your oven 350 degrees F/ 180 degrees C for 10 minutes prior to baking.
- Roast the walnuts for 5 to 6 minutes till it is crunchy. If you are using roasted walnuts you can skip this step.
- Grease thoroughly the cake tin, you can also use parchment paper.
- Mash banana using your fingertips or using a fork.
How to make banana Bread:
- To a stand mixer or a mixing bowl, add brown sugar, sugar, and softened butter. Cream together till it is soft and creamy.
- Add eggs, lemon juice, and mashed banana. Whisk again to combine.
- Mix baking soda, baking powder, salt to All-purpose flour. Now add the flour to a banana bread mixture.
- Add roasted walnuts and vanilla essence.
- Gently mix for a minute.
- Banana bread batter is transferred to a cake tin, tap the tin a couple of times to remove air-bubbles, sprinkle some toasted walnuts for a crispy crunch. Bake for 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 minutes. Let the banana bread rest for 10 minutes before you slice.
- The best bananas to be used are those that have browned with black spots, which is when their flesh becomes soft and sweet; the more the bananas, it adds more moisture and flavour
- Use softened butter for that soft texture
- Don’t over mix the batter, or else, you will get a tough rubbery textured bread
- Test with a toothpick in more than one place, so that you don’t conclude its under baked, when you might have just poked a banana piece
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana bread, moist banana bread, classic banana bread