There are some recipes that you will never get tired of, one such evergreen one is this My favourite Banana Bread. That golden-brown crust with a wonderful moist texture and sweet flavour always brings me back to thinking of baking the next batch of Banana bread Recipe.
Have your bananas gone bad, and their skins have turned brown? Go bananas over this easy-peasy recipe, you will not want to throw your over-ripe bananas anymore.
What is a Banana Bread?
Banana Bread is baked from a thick batter filled with mashed bananas, and chopped nuts.
There are many variations to this classic recipe, ranging from ingredients like sesame seeds, wheat bran, nutmeg, orange, and coffee to honey, jam, brown sugar, applesauce and the list keeps going on.
Reason To Love this Moist Banana Bread?
Banana Breads are quick to make, and this recipe is a very forgiving one. Its that simple, where the dry ingredients and wet ingredients (mixed separately in 2 different bowls), are combined into one. Voilà, your batter is ready!
And your star ingredient – Bananas, are available throughout the year. Classic Banana Bread recipe waits for no season.
For kids who don’t prefer bananas, this could work out the magic for them.
Perfect for your morning coffee or evening snack, and even more delicious, topped with a cream cheese frosting is the cherry on top.
How to make Banana Bread:
- The best bananas to be used are those that have browned with black spots, which is when their flesh becomes soft and sweet; the more the bananas, it adds more moisture and flavour.
- Use softened butter for that soft texture
- Don’t over mix the batter, or else, you will get a tough rubbery textured bread
- Test with a toothpick in more than one place, so that you don’t conclude its under baked, when you might have just poked a banana piece
- When you have a few bananas turning brown and you need a little more for baking your banana bread, just store them in a plastic bag and freeze them, until you need them.
- If using Yoghurt can be substituted with sour cream.
- The walnuts are optional, along with or without the chopped nuts, you can add in raisins or your favourite chocolate chips for the love of chocolates.
- Bananas, rich in protein, help in lowering blood pressure and improving your digestive health. The potassium in the Banana fruit is an aid to the heart, and the fibre in it can help you maintain body weight.
- Fresh homemade banana bread is nutritious to your body, provided you control the choice of the ingredients.
- For example, to cut down on the saturated fats, you can replace butter with healthy Canola oil. You can also cut down the sugar, because of the sweetness in the fruit itself.
- Whole wheat flour, a source of vitamins and minerals, can be used instead of all-purpose flour.
What is the best choice of baking pans for bread?
Shiny Aluminium pans are the best; it avoids the bread from becoming dark on the bottom and around the sides of the pan
How should Banana Bread recipe be stored?
It can be tightly wrapped in plastic-wrap and stored at room temperature or it can be frozen
How is classic Banana Bread best served?
Serve warm or at room temperature
How long can you store Banana Bread at room temperature?
It will stay fresh for up to 4 days, and may start drying up after that
How long can you freeze them?
Up to 3-4 months
Recipes you will love to try:
- Zucchni Bread
- Easy Fruit Cake
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Monkey Bread
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Carrot Cake with Creamcheese Frosting
- Vanilla Sponge Cake
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!Print