Cilantro lime Rice recipe – Make this super tranquil, delicious cilantro rice, perfect for all the occasions and the most satisfying subtle flavors will make you crave for more!
what is cilantro lime rice Recipe?
This copycat chipotle cilantro lime rice is the best recipe you can make at home in your comfort zone!
If you have been a fan of the chipotle cilantro lime rice, try this you will love every bite of the rice.
It is loaded with an absolute bite of flavors, you will be amazed how the simple and the humble ingredients bring out the greatest joy ever,
The rice is cooked soft and fluffy, with no stickiness.
This cilantro lime rice recipe is elevated with the right amount of aromatic ingredients without being overwhelming.
Try this copycat of chipotle’s famous cilantro lime rice and I’m sure you will devour more!
Reason to love this Chipotle cilantro lime rice:
- This recipe is a hit with everyone! It’s a bowl of easy, one-pot rice that you can whip up in no time!
- This instant pot version of cilantro lime rice serves a lot of people with minimal effort and is extremely simple to prepare.
- The ingredients Cilantro and lime zest combine well with rice to create an intoxicating explosion of flavors, perfect for a potluck or quick Dinner.
ingredients & The notes:
- Basmati rice – use white long grain rice like basmati rice for the lovely texture of the cilantro rice. Prefer the rice cooker method for brown rice.
- Lime zest – It is the colored outer portion of the lime, grate the lime in a small cheese grater. This gives you the best flavor to the rice. Do not skip it.
- Cilantro – Add fresh, chopped cilantro. Use less or more as you prefer.
- Lemon juice – Fresh is always best you may use the bottled one as well.
- Garlic – use fresh garlic please! minced or sliced would work.
- Veg stock cubes – use low sodium broth cubes so that we can control the salt.
- Olive oil – Use quality olive oil for the good flavors.
Step By step instructions: How to make instant pot Cilantro lime rice:
- In instant pot, Press the “sauté” button, Pour in olive oil in the cook pot, once the oil heats up, add sliced garlic. Stir fry the garlic for few seconds until the flavors are infused. ( Photo 1)
- Stir in basmati rice and lime zest. Toast the rice for 2 to 3 minutes. ( Photos 2 & 3)
- Add in lime juice. (Photo 4)
- Stir in veg stock cubes ( gently crush the cube so that it melds easily) salt, cilantro, and 2 cups of water. (Photos 5,6,7,8)
- Gently mix to combine. Seal the lid, move the pressure vent to seal, and pressure cook for 10 minutes. (Photo 9)
- Once the rice is cooked, Fluff up the rice using a fork, stir in fresh cilantro leaves and serve. (photo 10)
- This recipe is intended for long-grain rice, such as basmati or Jasmin rice. If you’re going to use brown rice, you’ll need to adjust the ingredients as well as the water measurement.
- Washing the rice under running water removes the starch, resulting in nonsticky rice.
- Toasting the rice imparts a nutty flavor while ensuring that the rice remains individual grains and does not clamp.
- Instead of a spatula, fluff the rice with forks.
- Chicken stock cubes can be used instead of vegetable stock cubes.
- You can drizzle a tablespoon of butter over the warmed rice.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do you serve?
This can be served with any Mexican side dish, such as Creamy Chicken Enchiladas or grilled Fish Tacos. For more Mexican recipes, see All Mexican Recipes. Also, make sure to check out All chicken recipes that go great with this rice.
- How long can I store it?
Cilantro Rice can be kept for a long time!
Refrigerate – Bring the cilantro rice to room temperature before transferring it to an airtight container and refrigerating it for 3 to 4 days.
Freezer – Bring the cilantro rice to room temperature before freezing. Transfer it to a freezer-safe bag (squeeze out as much air as possible to prevent burn) or freezer-safe container. This way, it will last for three months.
- How to reheat?
If stored in Refrigerator – You can transfer the rice to a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle a tablespoon of water, and warm the rice for 1 minute. Sprinkle some freshly chopped cilantro rice for more flavors.
For the stovetop method: Transfer the rice to a nonstick skillet, sprinkle about 1 or 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and cook in low heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
If stored in Freezer- let the rice defrost overnight in the refrigerator before proceeding with the microwave or stovetop method or you can place the freezer bag over warm water that helps to loosen the rice.
- Can I substitute with brown rice?
Yes! Brown rice can be substituted. 1 cup uncooked brown rice equals 4 cups cooked brown rice. Brown rice takes slightly longer to prepare than white rice.
- How to make on the stovetop or rice cooker method?
For the stovetop, follow the same method and cook the rice on the stovetop for 12 to 15 minutes in low heat until the rice is light and fluffy.
For the Rice cooker method:
Saute everything in a separate bowl and transfer it to a rice cooker, add enough liquid. Cover and cook the rice.
- How many cups of rice will uncooked rice make?
1 cup of uncooked white rice gives 3 cups cooked white rice.
other Recipes you may like to try:
Did you know commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways you can support your favorite food bloggers? If you made this recipe, please click the stars below to comment and Rate this Recipe and/or share photos on social media using the hashtag #Nithisclickncook or tagging @nithisclickncookPrint