This Chow Mein noodle is perfectly crispy with a fabulous sauce that makes it super delicious and on your table under 20 mins!
To cook Noodles:
- 2 chow mein noodles (pack)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs sriracha sauce
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tsp vinegar
To make chow mein Noodles:
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbs ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 tbs garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (cut to thin strips)
- 1 cup capsicum
- 1 cup cabbage
- 2 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs spring onions.
To cook the noodles:
- Add 2 packs of chowmein noodles to 4 to 5 cups of boiling water, add salt and cook according to package instruction or till al-dente.
- Once the Noodles are cooked. Drain in a colander. Then, pour 1 tsp of sesame oil to the cooked noodles, mix in and keep aside. So that the noodles don’t stick with one another.
Keep the sauce ready:
- To a small mixing bowl add 1 tbs of soy sauce, 1 tbsp sriracha sauce, 1 tbs sesame oil and 1tsp of vinegar. Mix well and keep aside.
To make chowmein Noodles:
- Heat sesame oil in wok/ saute pan. Add 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger and 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add veggies like carrot, capsicum, and cabbage. Cook the veggies for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add cooked noodles. Gently mix the noodles with the veggies and toss for 2 mins.
- Now add the sauce.
- Gently toss the noodles till they are lightly crispy it takes around 8 to 10 mins to make chow mein crispy.
- Sprinkle chopped spring onions and serve!
Tips to make the best Chow mein Recipe:
Wok: If you have a well-seasoned wok, please go for it! Making this chow mein noodles over high heat in wok yields a crispier Chow mein.
Sesame oil: Use sesame oil for best taste and flavor. However, you could substitute with vegetable oil.
Noodles: Cook your noodles according to package instruction or till al-dente. Make sure to spread the oil to avoid sticking with one another.
Stir fry: Once the sauce is added, carefully stir fry the noodles. Make sure to not to break them.
- Category: Breakfast/dinner, dinner
- Cuisine: Chinese