This Chilli Paneer Gravy is perfectly seasoned, the cottage cheese is crisp-fried and tossed with some really delicious lip-smacking sauce keeping it comfortably good and flavors are bursting out!
- 1 cup Cottage cheese/Paneer
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbs oil
For Chilli Paneer gravy:
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs ginger
- 1 tbs garlic
- 1 green chili
- 1 capsicum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs Chilli sauce
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbs water
- 2 tbs cornflour
- 2 tbs water (for cornflour slurry)
- Cut and cube paneer pieces and keep it ready.
- To a small mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour and Cornflour.
- Add pepper powder, chili powder, and salt.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and soy sauce
- Add 2 tbs of water and make a batter, thick enough to coat the paneer.
- Add all the cubed paneer
- Now heat 2 tbs of vegetable oil, add the paneer pieces and cook them all sides.
- Collect them in a tissue paper and set aside.
To make chilli Paneer Gravy:
- Heat 2 tbs of sesame oil, add finely chopped ginger, garlic, and green chili. Let it sizzle for a minute.
- Add capsicum cook for few seconds.
- Now add all the sauces, in goes chili sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, chili flakes, and salt.
- Stir and cook for few seconds
- Now add 1/4 cup of water
- Bring to boil
- Now take a bowl, add cornflour and 2 tbs of water. Make cornflour slurry.
- Add them in.
- Keep stirring until the gravy is thicken
- Now add all the fried paneer
- Toss them with the gravy. Check for salt. Add spring onions or coriander leaves.
Paneer/cottage cheese: Cut paneer as the desired shape. You can shallow fry or deep fry /Grill the paneer as per your choice.
Marination: Add water little at a time to the right consistency. Marinate the paneer /cottage cheese overnight for better flavors.
If the batter is too thin, add an equal amount of all-purpose flour and cornflour to a right consistency (Add seasonings as well)
Sesame oil: Cook the sauce in the sesame oil that gives you more flavors and tastes You can opt for vegetable oil.
Ginger&Garlic: Cook ginger&garlic in a low flame for 5 mins stirring, that helps the oil to get more intense flavors.
Corn flour slurry: Here we use cornflour slurry to thicken the sauce. If the sauce has thickened more than the consistency you want, mix in warm water little at a time to thin out the sauce.
If the sauce is too thin, quickly make cornflour slurry (1 tbs corn flour+1/4 cup water) and add it. Over a medium heat keeps stirring, eventually, the sauce will thicken.
- Category: Appetiser, Appetizer, sidedishes
- Cuisine: Chinese, Indo- chinese