- yogurt – 2 cups
- garlic- 4
- ginger- 1 1/2 inch
- cumin- 3/4 tsp
- coriander seeds- 3/4 tsp
- lime juice- 2 tbs
- turmeric powder- 3/4 tsp
- garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- boneless chicken – 1.5 kg (cut into 1 inch cube)
- bamboo skewers
- oil- for basting.
- For marinade, in the blender combine the yogurt with rest all the ingredient and blend to a fine, smooth puree.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken with the marinade, cover and leave to marinate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Bring the chicken to room temperature and thread 4 to 5 pieces onto a skewers.
- Heat griddle or tawa and brush it with oil.Cook the marinated chicken on the griddle, turning and basting regularly with oil.
- Cook the chicken till is tender and charred grill marks appear.
- serve the chicken with onion rings and lime wedges.