Make this chicken quesadilla recipe it is simple, easy and delicious to make with minimal ingredients and the variations are countless!
Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
The perfect and flawless blend of spices, sautéed veggies and chicken as wholesome fillings, this Chicken quesadilla is a perfect meal.
With its impressive looks and delectable taste, this dish can be made with leftovers such as chicken, veggies or tortillas!
Zesty chicken delight paired with succulent veggies and a sprinkle of cheese is a perfect breakfast, lunch, dinner or even snack!
My family loved the colour combination and also how well the textures came together to give us the perfect dish – soft and cheesy veggies and a crisp tortilla. Check out my Homemade Flour tortilla Recipe.
It is a totally doable lunchbox recipe too.
What You'll Find in This Post (Show all)
Why this recipe works:
1. The colourful and attractive dish is a wholesome meal for any time of the day.
2. Can be prepared quickly from scratch, from leftovers or can be prepped in advance to put together later.
3. Healthy and nutritious dish with the goodies of vegetables and fibre content of the tortillas. Can be relished by all.
How to make Chicken Quesadilla:
Tips to make the best Chicken Quesadilla recipe:
1. Cook your quesadillas in butter instead of oil. This gives you an unmatchable taste and aroma.
2. Allow the filling to cool down a bit. If you use a hot filling, the steam inside the quesadilla makes the tortilla soft and even soggy.
3. Use boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts as they cook wonderfully and are easy to shred.
4. You can add fresh garlic to the pan with the other vegetables if you like the garlicky flavour. You can also add a few drops of lime if you prefer.
5. Cook until the chicken is tender. Sauté the veggies until they are cooked. Do not overcook veggies as they might become soggy.
1. What are the things that I can put in a chicken quesadilla?
You can add cheese, vegetables of your choice (onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms), steak, tofu etc.
2. What can I serve with a chicken quesadilla?
Some of the dishes that compliment the chicken quesadilla include avocado salad,Mexican Corn salad,avocado soup, smoked sweet potato salad, etc.
Do not forget the sour cream and zingy salsa!
3. Which is the best cheese to use for a chicken quesadilla?
To make the authentic chicken quesadilla, you can use Monetary Jack cheese, or you can also substitute it with mozzarella, cheddar or a combination of both.
4. How to store the chicken quesadilla?
Place the sheets in the freezer until they are firm.
Transfer into an airtight bag or container and freeze for up to 2 months.
To cook, warm the quesadillas in the microwave until heated.
5. How do you keep quesadillas from getting soggy?
Always cook your quesadilla fresh, serve them when they are hot and crunchy.
If the quesadilla becomes soggy, pop them in the oven to warm them up, it heats up a bit.
But they won’t be as good as they are fresh from the pan.
To taste the best version of chicken quesadilla serve them fresh!