This Chicken momos recipe is a perfect street food recipe that is so comforting and easier to make than you think!
- 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup minced chicken
- 2 onions ( finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1.5 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
Let’s make the dough:
- To a mixing bowl, take all-purpose flour, salt, and sprinkle some water.
- Mix to make a soft dough. cover with the moist cloth and keep aside. Let it rest while we make the chicken filling.
To make the chicken filling:
- Take minced chicken in a bowl,add ginger garlic paste, finely chopped onions, chopped coriander leaves, Soysauce., pepper powder, butter, and salt.
- Mix all the seasonings and the chicken filling is ready.
To make chicken momos:
- Take a lemon sized dough, roll to make a thin small disc. Dust some flour if the dough is sticky.
- Spoon some chicken filling.
- Bring all the edges together to cover the chicken filling.
- This is the classic shape, there are so many various shapes to make chicken momos.
- Keep the dumplings ready.
To steam the dumplings.
- Take a deep pan to add 2 cups of water, place the steam basket in a deep pot. Cover and steam cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Chicken momos recipe is ready to be served.
Tips to make chicken Dumplings:
All-purpose flour: I have used all-purpose flour for this recipe, you may use wholewheat flour as well.
Butter: Adding Butter gives you the moist and juicy chicken momos. You may replace with sesame oil, add 2 tablespoons for this recipe.
Onion: finely chop the onion that can easily combine well with minced chicken.
Momos dough: Make the dough first, so that it gets a resting time and then make a filling.
The dough has to be soft and smooth. If you find the dough is sticky, add little flour, mix and work on the surface to make a soft dough.
Momos Shape: Make sure you roll out to a thin disc that helps you get the right texture of the momos. If the outer layer is dense/thick it takes time for the momos to cook and you may feel the dense texture of momos.
There are so many variations in the shaping of momos. Please make the shape of what works perfectly fine for you.
- Category: Snacks/Starter
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: chicken momos, chicken momos recipe, momos recipe