This Chicken Lasagna recipe is hearty, comforting, flavourful with delicious homemade chicken sauce and white sauce, topped with gooey cheesy makes it irresistibly Good!
- Lasagna sheets – 6
- To make Chicken sauce:
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups of Tomato Puree
- 1 cup Minced Chicken
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup mushroom
- 2teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 1teaspoon basil
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- White Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4th cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- To make chicken meat sauce:
- To a saucepan, heat olive oil, add minced garlic and onion saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add minced chicken and stir fry the chicken for 2 to 3 mins. Once the chicken turns into a pale white colour, Add mushroom and quick stir for a 1 minute.
- In goes all the spice powders and dried herbs. Stir fry for 3mins.
- Add tomato puree, stir and cook for 8 to 10 mins, till you get the saucy consistency.
To make white sauce:
- Heat butter, add all-purpose flour whisk for few seconds.
- Quickly mix in milk, while stirring the flour mixture other hands Keep stirring using balloon whisk for 2 mins till it is the sauce is lightly thickened.
- Add grated parmesan cheese, sprinkle some herbs and take out from the heat.
- To a baking tray, spread some chicken meat sauce, place over lasagna sheet(I have used pre-cooked lasagna sheets), break the lasagna sheet if you want to fit in entire bowl.
- Top some chicken meat sauce, then spoon some white sauce on top, sprinkle mozzarella cheese.
- Again Repeat the steps lasagna sheets, meat sauce, white sauce, mozzarella cheese.
Cover with foil.
Tips to make best Chicken Lasagna:
Lasagna Sheets: I have used no boil lasagna sheets which are thinner than the regular lasagna noodles. They require no boiling but they need additional liquid while baking, If you are using regular lasagna noodles boil them for 4 to 5 minutes and remember you’ll be cooking again.
Chicken: I have used minced chicken that requires less time to cook, you can also get the chicken breast and blend them using food processor.
Spices: You can add spices as per your taste preference.
Cover with aluminium foil: Cover your lasagna with aluminium foil before you pop in oven. If you leave your lasagna uncovered in oven, it will become dry and turns black. Once the lasagna is half cooked, remove the foil and bake till the top is turns to a nice golden colour.
- Category: MainCourse
- Method: baking ans stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: chicken lasagna , chicken lasagna recipe, lasagna recipe