A delicious, creamy Mexican meal that is rich in flavour, Creamy Chicken Enchiladas is a popular dish world over. It is extremely delicious and wholesome enough to be a meal all by itself.
This Creamy Enchilada Chicken recipe is rich and gooey with a lot of cheese and has soft and tender chicken.
The best part is that chicken enchiladas can be made with red sauce or white sauce or a combination of both if that is how you like it.
My family loved the chicken enchilada recipe as a delicious scrumptious dinner recipe and there was no fuss at the table!
They loved the rich and creamy texture with the filling doing wonders to make it healthy and wholesome.
Whenever we have creamy enchiladas recipe on the table, it is like a celebration dinner for us.
Why this recipe works:
1.Can be made as a healthy and wholesome meal packed with the goodness of chicken.
2.Easy to prepare without any exotic ingredients
3. Basic ingredients are used and these are always available in your kitchen so you can prepare this dish spontaneously without major preparation.
How to make Chicken Enchilada:
Tips to make the best creamy chicken enchilada recipe:
1. Cover the baking tray while you bake the enchiladas.
This way the moisture is retained and your enchiladas are well cooked.
If the moisture evaporates, the tortillas become dry and flaky.
2. Bake until the top layer cheese melts and bubbles in the corners.
The top cheese layer turns a lovely golden brown when the enchiladas are well baked.
3. If you want a variety of flavours in your enchiladas, the secret lies in the cheese!
You can use a combination of different cheese – cheddar, mozzarella, jack, queso, etc., as per your preference.
The cheese gives you a rich creamy texture and who can stop staring at strands of cheese when you serve the cheesy enchiladas?
4. If you like veggies with your enchiladas, you can add black beans and jalapenos or any other veggie of your choice.
1. Which is the best chicken to use for creamy chicken enchiladas recipe?
Tender chicken breasts work well for this recipe.
It is soft and boneless and gives the perfect texture to your enchiladas.
2. How to serve creamy chicken enchiladas?
Serve the creamy chicken enchiladas hot with sour cream or salsa.
You can also serve it with roasted potatoes or tossed salad and rice pilaf.
Roasted zucchinis also work well but you can serve as per your preference.
3. How to store the enchiladas recipe?
It is recommended that you freeze the enchiladas but not the sauce as the creamy texture changes and becomes hard and chewy.
Flash freeze the enchiladas on a baking tray and then wrap each enchilada in an aluminium foil and store it.
Allow the enchiladas to thaw before baking it.
4. What goes well with creamy chicken enchiladas?
You can try burritos, taco salad, or salsa with this enchilada chicken recipe as these are a wonderful combination.
Other Recipes you may like to try:
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!Print
Creamy Chicken Enchilada
A delicious, creamy Mexican meal that is rich in flavour, Creamy Chicken Enchilada is a popular dish world over.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes (baking)
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: Maincourse, Dinner
- Method: stovetop and oven
- Cuisine: mexican
To Fry the chicken:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder/ paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- To make the stuffing:
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup capsicum
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- To make enchilada:
- 1.5 cups of enchilada sauce
- 3 Flour Tortillas
- 3/4th cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasonings.
- Preheat your oven 350 degrees F/ 180 degree C for 10 minutes before baking.
- To cook chicken:
- To a pan, heat up olive oil, In goes all the spices. Stir fry for few seconds
- Add diced chicken pieces
- Cook for few minutes till the chicken is well cooked. Collect them in a bowl. Bring down the chicken to room temperature and shred the chicken and set aside!
- To veggie Filling:
- To make a veggie filling, To the same pan, heat olive oil, add minced garlic
- Add onion, stir cook for 1 minute.
- Add chopped capsicum cook for another 1 minute.
- In goes chilli powder, onion powder and salt.
- Cook for a minute. Sprinkle salt and pepper powder.
- Now, take your homemade enchilada sauce.
- Let’s prepare the baking tray, Spread some spoonful enchilada of sauce on the baking tray and set aside.
- To assemble:
- Now, Take your Homemade flour tortillas
- Spoon some enchilada sauce, Place the shredded chicken, Spoon some veggies
- Sprinkle some cheese
- Fold and place on the prepared baking tray
- Pour over the enchilada sauce to the folded tortillas
- Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top
- I have sprinkled some Mexican seasoning on top. This is optional.
- Now, bake them for 10 minutes in 350 degrees F / 180 Degrees C. Till the cheese is melted.
Tips to make the best creamy chicken enchiladas:
- Cover the baking tray while you bake the enchiladas. This way the moisture is retained and your enchiladas are well cooked. If the moisture evaporates, the tortillas become dry and flaky.
- Bake until the top layer cheese melts and bubbles in the corners. The top cheese layer turns a lovely golden brown when the enchiladas are well baked.
- If you want a variety of flavours in your enchiladas, the secret lies in the cheese! You can use a combination of different cheese – cheddar, mozzarella, jack, queso, etc., as per your preference. The cheese gives you a rich creamy texture and who can stop staring at strands of cheese when you serve the cheesy enchiladas?
- If you like veggies with your enchiladas, you can add black beans and jalapenos or any other veggie of your choice.
Keywords: chicken enchilada, chicken enchilada recipe, enchiladas recipe