Coconut Chicken Curry with fresh ground spice paste creates an outstanding curry, better than your favorite restaurant! It is loaded with the bursting of aromas, pantry friendly, customizable, and going to be your NEW favorite.
To make a paste:
- 1 teaspoon gingerly oil
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 tablespoon pepper corns
- 5 Dryred chillies
To make Chicken Curry:
- 3 Tablespoon Gingelly oil
- 2 stick cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 5 cloves
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 3 tomato
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander leaves
To make Coconut Paste:
- Heat oil in saute pan/ skillet, add peppercorns, coconut. Stir fry for 3 to 4 seconds, then add dry red chilies, stir fry for few more seconds.
- Bring down the mixture to cool, add into a blender and 1/2 cup water and blend to a fine puree. Set Aside.
To make Chicken Coconut curry:
- Heat Gingelly oil in the pan, add cinnamon sticks, cloves, fennel seeds, and curry leaves. Let it sizzle for few seconds.
- Stir in the sliced onion, salt and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the color turns to a light golden brown.
- Add tomato and cook till the tomatoes are well cooked and mushy.
- Stir in the chicken, add chili powder and turmeric powder. Saute and cook till the spices are well coat the chicken.
- Add in the ground coconut paste, Stir for 2 minutes, then add 2 or 3 cups of water. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Chicken coconut curry is ready to be served.
Cook the onion tomato masala very well that is one key technique for a good chicken curry. You can unlock the potential by sautéing the onion, tomato, ginger, and garlic to meld well.
While cooking the chicken, the chicken itself leaves some water, make sure to add water according to your preference.
Prefer using Homemade ginger garlic paste to bring out the best flavors.
You can adjust the heat of the curry.
For the juicier chicken, don’t overcook. Simmer the curry in low-medium heat.
- Category: Maincourse
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: chicken coconut curry, coconut curry, chicken coconut