This Restaurant style chicken 65 is crisply fried with the simple marination has been a family favorite and about to become a new favorite of yours too!
- 1/2 kg chicken
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup oil
- For seasoning:
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbs garlic
- 1 tbs ginger
- 1 curry leaves sprigs
- Wash your chicken pieces thoroughly, add ginger garlic paste.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, curd/yogurt, Squeeze some lemon juice, mix well.
- Let the chicken marinate for 30 mins/overnight.
- Heat oil for deep frying, drop the chicken pieces 4 to 5 at a time.
- Fry to a nice golden color. Similarly, fry all the chicken in batches. collect them in a plate.
- For seasoning: Heat coconut oil in a wide pan, add chopped ginger, garlic, curry leaves.
- Stir fry for 2 mins.
- Toss the fried chicken with ginger and garlic.
Tips to make the best chicken 65 recipes:
Chicken: Chicken with bone or boneless works well.
Marination: Marination is the key. The longer you marinade it taste better.
Freshly ground ginger garlic paste: Add freshly ground ginger garlic paste rather than the store-bought, it enhances the flavor.
Spices: You can add pepper powder as well.
Vegetable oil: I used vegetable oil to deep fry the chicken. Cook on the low-medium flame so that chicken is cooked inside.
Coconut oil: fry the chopped ginger and garlic in coconut oil for the more flavors
- Category: Appetiser, Appetizer, Side Dish, Starter
- Cuisine: south Indian