Vanjaram Fish fry: Make this easy and delicious fish fry recipe with freshly ground masala is something flavorful and seriously addicting!
- 2 Seer Fish
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- To grind:
- 8 shallots
- 1/2 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoon Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 piece tamarind (around 1-inch ball)
- 3 tablespoon coconut
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wash the seer fish and keep them ready.
To make Marinate:
- To a blender, add shallots, fennel seeds, chili powder, tamarind, coconut, turmeric powder, salt, and 2 to 3 tablespoon of water and pulse to a very smooth paste. Now the marinade is ready. (Check for salt or spiciness add if you want)
Marinating the Fish:
- Rub the Fresh ground masala over the fish thoroughly on both sides and let it marinate for 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
Fry the fish:
- Over low- medium heat, place the Tawa or a wide pan, add 2 to 3 tablespoon of peanut oil.Once the oil heats up lightly.
- Gently place the marinated fish on the Tawa and cook for 3 minutes on each side of the fish turns to a golden color.
- Transfer the fried fish using a slotted spoon that removes the excess oil. Sprinkle chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Buy the fresh and Good quality Seer fish for the best results.
- I have used shallots for this recipe, it has the mild and delicate flavour, you may also substuite with red onion.
- I always prefer using cold-pressed peanut oil /gingelly oil for any of the Fish recipes I make because it has lot of health benefits and taste is certainly enhanced. However you can also substuite with vegetable oil or coconut oil.
- When you blend the spices make sure to add little water at times to get the right texture of the masala.
- Marination is the key to get the utmost flavour of the fish. You may also marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Category: Maincourse
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: indian
Keywords: vanjaram fish, vanjaram fish fry, fish fry recipe