Chettinad Fish Fry Masala | Chettinad Meen Varuva
Hello Friends!! how u all doing? Todays Recipe is Chettinad Fish Fry. I know everyone loves Chettinad cuisine. In fact, there are a lot of Chettinad restaurant all over!! but cooking Chettinad recipes at home is definitely Neighbour- calling ( i don’t know where do I get this term Anyways!!) means it has lottt of flavours. so, what makes the Chettinad cuisine so interesting, Guess so?? Its all the fresh masala blended to make the recipe delicious and mouth watering. This Chettinad fish fry recipe is comes under the Chettinad cuisine!! 🙂 🙂 so simple and easy to make!! its just in 3 steps.. yes! only 3 steps 🙂 🙂 and all the ingredients are handy.. so.. Hi- Five!! 🙂 lets grab all the ingredients and dig into the recipe. Between you can also check my Amma’s Signature Fish fry and South indian fish curry with freshly grinded masala all with step by step pictures.. Do try all this recipes and let me know! 🙂 🙂Print
Chettinad Fish Fry recipe- How to make chettinad fish fry
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Cuisine: Indian
- Fish – 4 slices
- Oil- 2 tbs
- Salt- to taste
- INGREDIENTS FOR GRINDING:
- Onion- 1
- Garlic – 4
- Chilli powder- 1 tbs (according to your spice level)
- Coriander powder- 1/2 tbs
- Fennel seeds- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Pepper corns- 1 tsp
- Tamarind – a little
- Curry leaves- 1 string
- Wash the fish thorowly and keep aside.
- Grind all the ingredients given under ” To Grind” and make them into a fine paste.
- Gently apply all the grinded masala and massage using your finger tips.
- Let it marinate for 30 minutes, if u have enough time marinate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Heat up the oil in the pan,Shallow fry the fish on both the sides until it turns golden brown.
- Thats it chettinad fish fry is ready!!
Step by Step Pictures:
If you give try to this recipe, please let me know, comment below or click a picture and post it on my FACEBOOKPAGE so we can see!! and i would love to see how it turned out! 🙂 🙂
Have fun guys!! Happy cooking!! 🙂 🙂6