This 10 minutes cherry tomato pasta salad is refreshing, has layers of flavor, is deliciously loaded with juicy tomatoes makes a fabulous brunch or dinner.
Some more Salad Recipes you will love Grape salad, Chickpea salad recipe, Mexican Corn Salad, German potato salad, Fresh Mediterranean salad, Classic Panazella salad, Best egg salad , Caeser salad with Caeser dressing
What is Cherry Tomato pasta salad?
Cherry tomato pasta is fresh and so satisfying, lusciously loaded with lovely Extra virgin olive oil dressing ambrosial elevates the flavors.
They are simple, quick, and luxuriously delicious.
It is loaded with juicy tomato, fragrant fresh basil, aromatic minced garlic, and lemon juice that compliment the lightness of the salad.
It is a perfect bite in every way! It is healthy, fresh, satisfying, and way easier than you think.
Reason to love this pasta salad:
The dressing is so flavourful and easy to make with minimal ingredients. It is truly addicting.
Everyone will love this Cherry tomato pasta salad, it is great for a party, picnics, or a quick dinner that you will cherish a lot.
The pasta salad recipe is so so versatile! You can customize your pasta salad with any of your favorite veggies. You can add in or omit what you don’t like or you can add what you have on hand.
Ingredients & The Notes:
Pasta – You can use any shapes of pasta you like. Also, short pasta shape like penne, fusilli, rotini, farfalle is ideal choices for pasta salad.
Cherry tomato – pear tomatoes are like cherry and grape tomatoes. They are tiny and sweet. These kinds of tomatoes have thin skin which makes them great for salad.
Onion – Red onion, thinly sliced.
Garlic – press or mince them finely that helps to meld with the dressings.
Olive oil – prefer using Extra-virgin olive oil.
Lemon juice – That truly awaken the flavors.
Basil leaves – Fresh basil leaves for the salad that elevates the zest. If you don’t have fresh basil, prefer adding dried basil leaves.
Seasonings- I have used pepper powder and dried oregano. Here, you can use any dried herbs as well.
Step By step Instuctions:
- Let’s cook pasta: Cook your pasta in salted water until it is al-dente. Drain the cooked pasta in a colander and set aside. (photo 1)
- To make the salad: Combine sliced cherry tomato, sliced onion, and minced garlic in a bowl. (photos 2 & 3)
- To season: Add pepper powder, dried oregano, salt. (photo 4)
- Add extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice. (Photos 5 & 6)
- Mix well to combine everything. (Photo 7)
- Finally, add pasta to the other ingredients and mix thoroughly. Taste and season again before serving. (Photo 8)
- Also, you might want to serve with the drizzle of Extra virgin olive oil, fresh pepper powder, and basil leaves.
- Cherry tomato pasta salad is ready to be served.
- Short pasta: A pasta that has plenty of nooks and crannies such as fusilli, rotini is best for salad. The small sizes are easy to serve and have the space to hold the dressings.
- Don’t overcook pasta: It is important not to overcook the pasta, you want in al -dente which means it has a little bite. Otherwise, the pasta turns mushy.
- To stop the pasta from cooking, remove from heat, rinse and drain it in cold water and toss it in olive oil to prevent sticking from one another.
- You can serve the pasta salad warm or cold.
- Prefer using the best-quality extra-virgin olive oil for the best flavors. Use fresh ingredients for the best pasta salad.
- Cherry tomatoes are best for this recipe, if you go for the large tomatoes, they might release water when you chop, drain the liquid and then combine the tomatoes with other ingredients.
- Variations: You can add crumbled feta cheese, cubed mozzarella, olives, capers, cucumbers, or any of your favorite veggies.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long can I store the leftover?
- This cherry tomato pasta salad keeps well for 3 days. Store them in an air-tight container and refrigerator
Can I prep the pasta salad ahead?
- Yes, you can prep the pasta salad ahead, store it in an air-tight container, and refrigerate. Or store in the fridge overnight.
What goes with pasta salad?
- The pasta salad can be served with Korean Fried Chicken , Barbecue chicken, Grilled Chicken Recipe , Buffalo Chicken , Air Fryer Shrimp ,
How do you keep the pasta salad from drying out?
- Cook your pasta until al-dente, if you under-cook the pasta, the pasta won’t grab the dressing and it may dry out. Drizzle some olive oil to prevent it from drying.
How to fix if my pasta tastes bland?
- The pasta salad with the right amount of dressings will bring you great flavors. However if you find your pasta salad to be bland,
- Try adding some lemon juice and some more Italian seasonings, olive oil, and salt to bring a pleasant taste.
Can I make it gluten-free?
- Simply swap to gluten-free pasta shape and make this recipe as directed.
Recipes You may love to try:
Other Recipes that deserve your love – Airfryer Roasted Brussel sprouts, Lemon Pudding Cake, Thai Green Curry, Grilled Chicken Recipe, Versatile Mushroom Sauce, Chickpea Salad, Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi
Did you know commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways you can support your favorite food bloggers?
If you made this recipe, please click the stars below to comment and Rate this Recipe and/or share photos on social media using the hashtag #Nithisclickncook or tagging @nithisclickncookPrint