Carrot Halwa Recipe – Gajar Ka Halwa, One of the most popular Indian dessert, sweet recipe with just cook the carrots in milk, add sugar and garnish with nuts and ghee! Thats it!
- carrot – 1kg
- Milk 1 litre
- condensed milk – 4 tbs
- sugar – 1/2 cup
- elachi – 3
- roasted nuts- 1 tbs
- ghee – 1/4 cup
- In a wide pan , add in ghee dry roast the nuts and keep side.
- In the same pan , add in the grated carrots and sauté the carrots for 15 mins.
- Now add in the milk, sugar, elachi powder and mix well. cook the carrot- milk mixture for 30- 40 mins. Keep stirring in between, make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Now add the condensed milk and cook for 2 to 3 mins.
- Personalise your topping with pista, almond and your favourite drynuts.
Make sure you use the non- stick pan.
the measurements give in the ingredients can be changed according to ur taste bud.
Dry nuts like pista, almond, cashews can also be used.
Recipe Courtesy: Ram Kumar
Step by Step pictures:
Add in ghee in pan
Sauté the grated carrots in the ghee for 15 mins.
Add in Milk.
Add in sugar.
Add in the crushed elachi.
Let the carrot milk mixture cook further, this whole process will take 30 to 40 mins in medium flame.
After 40 mins, this is how it appears, now add the condensed milk. I added 4 tbs of condensed milk.
Stir and cook for another 2 or 3 minutes until the moisture dries up, Personalize with your favorite dry nuts like pista., almond!! Serve Hot or warm.
If you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #nithisclickncook- We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.