Carrot cake soft and delicious is one of the easiest cakes to bake. Beginners too can bake this bake to perfection
- 1 1/2 cup carrots (Grated)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple puree
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 3/4 cup Almonds
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- For Frosting:
- 1 cup Cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 th cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F/ 180 degrees C.
- To a mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, salt.
- Mix well and set aside.
- To another bowl, add eggs and brown sugar.
- Whisk for 3 to 4 minutes till the brown sugar is melted
- Add vanilla essence, pineapple puree, pineapple juice.Mix, just to combine everything.
- In goes the grated carrots, almonds and raisins. Mix to incorporate.
- Add the flour.Gently fold the batter to incorporate.
- Brush some butter to the baking pan, place parchment paper or baking paper.
- Pour the batter in and bake for 35 minutes to 40 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and butter to a mixing bowl
- Whisk for 2 to 3 minutes to a get a creamy texture, add Vanilla essence as well.
- Add icing sugar, whisk and combine to form a cream cheese frosting.
- Once the cake cooled down, Slide the side of the pan using a butter knife. Invert in a pan.
- Remove the parchment paper.
- Apply the cream cheese frosting all over the cake.
Tips to make the carrot cake recipe:
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk well. Mix all the wet ingredients in another bowl and whisk till all the ingredients are combined. Finally mix the wet and dry ingredients together using the cut and fold method. This will make sure that all the ingredients are mixed well and there are no lumps.
- To season your carrot cake to give it an authentic and subtle flavour, use ground cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg. The resulting flavour is just magical!
- Tap the baking pans on the counter a few times to get rid of the air bubbles. This will give you an even layer of cake with an almost flat surface.
- Mix only as much as necessary for the wet and dry ingredients to combine. Over mixing the dough will release the gluten in the flour and the cake gets baked to a hard texture.
- To prevent sticking of the cake to the sides of the pan, grease it and dust it with flour. You can also layer with parchment paper if it is available. This will ensure that the edges and sides of the cake are level and clean.
- Category: Dessert, sweet
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: carrot cake, carrot cake recipe, best carrot cake recipe