Cajun Shrimp Pasta: Make this epically delicious shrimp pasta recipe with delectable cajun shrimp that are So juicy, creamy, and comforting and everything comes together on your table in less than 20 minutes. They are easy enough to make every day and it is certainly going to be your New repeat favorite!
What is Cajun Shrimp Pasta?
Cajun Cuisine is sometimes referred to as “ rustic cuisine” meaning the ingredients are locally available and it is simple and easy to make. This cajun seasoning is a favored spice mix of cajun cuisine which is popular in south Louisiana.
It was inherited from French cuisine and combined with the local ingredients to make a unique delicacy.
It is also called a Creole seasoning.
I’m a big fan of pasta and shrimps when these two ingredients are put together in a luscious, creamy, luxurious sauce and this is my favorite way to devour Shrimps/pasta.
This shrimp pasta we love for every occasion from busy weeknight dinner, lunch, meal prep or make an ahead dinner, and this cajun shrimp pasta is extremely versatile, You can add mushroom, spinach, and cherry tomatoes to make a complete wholesome meal.
What sets this cajun shrimp pasta is comforting, exploding with flavors is garlic that is slow-cooked in butter to infuse the flavors and with the Lovely cajun shrimp, simple fresh cream /half and a half makes the glorious sauce hearty, delicious, and richly satisfying.
Reason to love this Shrimp Pasta:
- They are quick and easy to make, simply cook your pasta, while the pasta is cooking make your sauce that’s it. Dinner is on your table in under 20 mins!
- The ingredients are simple and easy and Versatile you can add veggies like asparagus, zucchini, bell pepper whatever suits your pantry.Also, Italian sausage can be added for more flavors.
- This pasta serves beautifully for every occasion, if you’re a firm believer of pasta like me, I’m sure you will love to make it for any occasion, it re-heats so well best for your meal prep- busy weeknight dinner when you are craving for some restaurant-quality food at home, Try making this Cajun shrimp pasta with garlic bread on the side. Voila! Your Dinner is perfect!
Ingredients and Notes:
- Pasta: You can use any pasta like angel hair pasta, penne, fettuccini, pappardelle, ziti, campanile they carry the sauce well and gives you the delightful texture to the sauce, and Cook the pasta according to package instruction.
- Garlic: As you all know, I love garlic and I’m a huge fan of this divine ingredient. Here the minced garlic is infused in butter that gives you the much-enhanced flavor to the Pasta sauce. You can prefer garlic powder as well, but the real stuff is much much better.
- Butter: I have used unsalted butter so that you can control the amount of salt.
- Olive oil: Use extra virgin olive oil that gives you the depth of the flavor to the sauce.
- Shrimp: The whole flavor of the Tuscan Prawn Pasta Recipe is in the shrimp!
- Get the fresh prawns for a better taste and flavor.
- You may use any size prawns /shrimp for this recipe. As the size increase, it will be taken more minutes to cook and you can tell when the prawns cooked as they will turn to a pink color and half curve shape.
- For medium-sized prawns, it takes 3 to 4 minutes to cook.
- Large shrimp, it will take 5 to 6 minutes and
- Jumbo prawns 7 to 8 minutes.
- Cajun Spice: I have used Homemade Cajun Spice they are vibrant in colors and fragrant.
- Chicken broth: I have used chicken stock cubes to make chicken broth. It is more flavorful.
- Heavy Cream /Half and Half: I have used a simple heavy cream that is easily available in any supermarket. They are not fancy, pantry-friendly ingredients so that you can make your cajun shrimp Pasta without Fuss.
How to make Cajun Shrimp Pasta Recipe :
- Do not overcook the pasta, it should be in al-dente. Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- Cook the pasta in salted water that helps to flavor the pasta.
- Use the same pan to make pasta that has been used for making cajun shrimp. We don’t want to miss out on any flavors.
- Slow cook the garlic in butter that helps the butter to get infused in garlic.
- If you want more creamy, add cream to get the desired consistency also check for the seasonings.
What to serve with Cajun Shrimp Pasta?
You can serve with salad or crusty bread like garlic bread, pull-apart bread, or dinner rolls.
How long can I store this Shrimp Pasta?
Shrimp pasta should be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. It stays well and good for up to 2 or 3 days.
How to Re-heat the pasta?
This cajun shrimp pasta reheats well, you can re-heat using microwave or stovetop.
Microwave: Microwave the shrimp pasta for a minute, stir, re-heat again until the pasta is warmed up.
Stove-top: Transfer the pasta to the saucepan, splash some milk to thin the sauce to get the required creamy consistency.
What are the variations I can use for this pasta recipe?
Instead of Shrimp, you can use chicken, Italian sausage, turkey, or rotisserie chicken, veggies like carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, zucchini, can be added.
You can use dry dried tomatoes that are available in the market.
You can make it cheesy by adding some grated parmesan cheese.
How can I make the sauce more creamy?
You can make the sauce more creamy and rich by adding some milk and mascarpone cheese that easily melds with pasta sauce.
Other Pasta Recipe You may like to try:
Other Shrimps Recipe You may like to try:
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!Print
Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Maincourse
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Halal
- 250 grams pasta (spaghetti)
For Cajun shrimp:
- 1.5 cup Shrimp (medium size, skin peeled off)
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter (unsalted)
To make the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic (minced)
- 1/2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tablespoon warm water.
- 1/2 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- Cook your pasta according to the package instructions and keep them ready.
To make Cajun Shrimps:
- To a mixing bowl, add shrimp, cajun seasoning, paprika, oregano, salt, lemon juice, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. (The cajun seasoning itself has all the required spices in it, I have extra spices to level up the taste) and Mix well.
- Heat olive oil and butter.Cook the shrimps for 3 to 4 minutes till they are cooked. Transfer the cooked Cajun shrimps to a bowl.
To make Cajun Shrimp Pasta:
- To the same pan, add butter and olive oil. Add minced garlic, bring down the heat, cook the garlic for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock cubes and 2 tablespoons of warm water. Continue cooking for 3 minutes, the sauce would lightly thicken.
- Add fresh cream and homemade cajun seasoning, stir and cook for another few minutes.
- Now add cooked pasta and cajun shrimp, toss everything together, sprinkle parsley, and serve immediately.
Keywords: cajun shrimp, cajun shrimp pasta, cajun shrimp pasta recipe