This buffalo chicken wings recipe is truly delicious fried chicken coated with panko breadcrumbs, deep fried to golden brown, and tossed with homemade buffalo sauce easy and crowd-pleasing recipe!
- 6 pieces of chicken wings
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- To make the batter:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Heat oil in a very low flame before you make.
- Marinade for chicken wings:
- To a mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour,pepper powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, mixed herbs, salt
- Add very little water
- Mix to make a thick batter. The consistency has to be enough to coat the chicken.
- Keep the chicken, the batter and spread some panko breadcrumbs on the plate.
- Now, take the chicken piece and dip in the batter.
- And place over the panko crumbs
- Roll over the chicken on the bread crumbs to coat thoroughly.
- Deep Fry:
- Once the oil is heated up, place the chicken gently and fry on the low-medium heat.
- Fry till the chicken is golden brown.
- Add the fried chicken in a bowl
- Add some buffalo sauce
- Toss, to coat the chicken in buffalo sauce and serve.
Tips to make best buffalo chicken:
Chicken: Traditionally chicken wings are used for this recipe, you may use chicken drumstick or drumette – is the upper part of the arm looks like a miniature drumstick.
When you look at wings it has 3 parts, The wing tip also called as Flapper, the middlepart called drumette looks like a miniature drumstick
Spice mixture: The spices can be added as per your liking and taste.
Consistency: The consistency of the batter has to be enough to coat the chicken.
Panko bread crumbs: I have panko bread crumbs that is widely used in Japanese cuisine, it is just another bread crumbs which has more texture.
You may use normal bread crumbs or crushed cornflakes as well .
Deep fry: Deep fry the chicken over a low-medium heat to get a golden brown. Make sure to fry them in low-medium heat that helps the chicken to tender.
Homemade buffalo sauce: The real taste of the recipe comes from the homemade buffalo sauce! That is just super easy to make.
- Category: appetizer, snack, sidedishes
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: recipe for buffalo chicken, buffalo chicken wings. chicken wings recipe