This Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe is SO creamy, easy and bursting with flavour. Most, importantly, you won’t believe how delicious this healthy broccoli cheddar soup recipe is!
There are so many reasons to love this healthy broccoli soup recipe, not only it is healthy it is easy and truly delicious. This cheese soup has become our very favourite soup recipe.
It has layers of flavours with garlic, onion, carrot, chilli flakes, pepper powder, mixed herbs.
This Easy broccoli cheese soup is smothered with cheddar cheese makes it lusciously creamy.
Each spoon is delightful and slurpful.
I’m so excited for your family to fall in love with this broccoli cheddar soup that is completely comforting and flavourlicious!
What is Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe?
Broccoli cheddar soup is a creamy comfort soup recipe where the garlic, onion, carrot, spices are cooked in butter that helps in a flavourful soup and then a bunch of broccoli florets are added.
To make it creamier and thick in consistency fresh cream, milk and cheeses are added.
Your quick and easy soup recipe on your table under 15 mins!
Reasons to love this Easy broccoli soup recipe:
- Healthy! If you are looking for a healthy way to incorporate veggies in your diet. This is the best way to make it.
- Can be served best for breakfast or dinner! You need not spend so much time to make it. On your table under 15 mins.
- Pantry friendly: Ingredients are simply pantry friendly.
How to make broccoli cheese soup:
Tips to make the best Cheese soup:
- Broccoli: It is rich in folic acid, vitamin C and vitamin K. Get fresh and quality broccoli for the best results. Do not buy broccoli florets that have brown or black spots.
- Chicken broth/Vegetable broth: You may use chicken broth for this recipe.
- Seasonings: we have used chilli flakes, pepper powder and dried herbs. You may also use other seasonings like fajita seasoning, Mexican seasonings.
- Consistency: I love making chunky broccoli soup, you may also blend to puree to get smooth velvety soup.
1. What goes with broccoli soup?
This soup is best served with croutons, crusty bread, salads.
2. Is my broccoli cheese soup is vegetarian?
Yes! It is vegetarian.
3. How long the homemade broccoli soup last in the fridge?
Bring down the soup to room temperature and store them in an air-tight container. This homemade broccoli soup lasts in the fridge for 3 days.
4. Can you freeze homemade broccoli soup?
If you intend to freeze the broccoli soup avoid using fresh cream/half and half. Simply let it cool to room temperature and then store in the freezer-safe container or freezer bags. You can freeze up to 3 months.
5. How do you reheat broccoli cheddar soup?
If you use stovetop method to reheat- keep the flame in low and stir for few seconds. Or if you use the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.
Other Soup Recipe You may like to try:
★ DID YOU TRY THIS BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!