- Oil- 1 tbs
- Rice- 1 cup
- Onions- 1 chopped
- carrot – 1 chopped
- beans- 4 to 5 chopped
- peas- 1/2 cup
- Bisibelebath powder- 2 tbs
- Tamarind pulp- 2tbs
- jaggery- 1 tbs
- water- 6 cups
- salt – to taste.
- For Temepring:
- Ghee- 2 tbs
- mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Dry Red chilli- 3
- Curry-leaves- 1 string
- Heat the pressure cooker, add oil, onions, carrots, beans, potato saute them for 2 minutes.
- Add washed rice, Toor dal, Bisibelebath powder, 3 cups of water and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles.
- Add tamarind,jaggery,peas, salt, 3 cups of water stir them until you get the pouring consistency.
- Do the tempering- Heat up ghee, add mustard seeds,hing, dry red chilli, curry leaves.
- Add the tempering to the bisi bele bath, mix them well.
I have made the Bisi bele Bath for 3 person, double the ingredients if you want to make more.
I highly recommend to use the freshly grinded Bisi bele bath powder to get aroma and taste of the authentic touch.
You could use all your favourite veggies.
Add required amount of water to this recipe, because this Recipe should be in a pouring consistency, so add water if required.