This Egg salad Recipe is super easy to make, prefect for healthy breakfast, quick snack with lovely texture and taste and on your table under 10 minutes!
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dill leaves/coriander leaves
- 3 tablespoon mayo
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Hard boil the eggs and dice them. To a mixing bowl, add diced egg, chopped tomato, chopped onion, chopped coriander leaves and minced garlic.
- Take mayo in a small bowl, add dijon mustard sauce, hot sauce, lemon juice, cayenne powder, pepper powder, mixed herbs, salt.
- Combine everything well to make an egg salad dressing.
- Pour the salad dressing to the bowl that has diced egg, onion and tomato.
- Gently mix in, check for salt and serve!
Tips to make the best Egg salad:
- Chop the onions and cabbages first and add lime juice and keep it aside till you chop the other veggies. Lemon juice removes the pungent smell of the onion and cabbage.
- Try to cube the boiled eggs to medium size. If you cube it too small, the salad turns mushy as boiled egg is soft and easy to mash.
- If you feel that the salad is too dry, you can add mayonnaise or yogurt to give you a rich and smooth texture.
- If you want a creamy texture, you can add yogurt, cream cheese or even mayonnaise or any dressing of your choice. This creamy salad can also be used as a sandwich filling or pocket filling.
- Category: breakfast, sides, lunch, salads
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: egg salad recipe, salad recipe, egg salad