This caramelised banana pudding is scrumptious, flavourful and the heavenly custard sauce makes it crowd-pleasing delicious. This Pudding is make-ahead recipe, great for any occasion or perfect desserts for your Christmas party!
- 2 banana
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1.5 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 20 biscuits
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1tsp butter
- 1tbp flour
1. Ingredients to make banana pudding are taken.
2. Caramelize the banana: To a shallow fry pan, add 2 sliced banana and sprinkle 3 tbs of sugar.
3. Over a low-medium heat, Fry the banana for 3 to 5 mins till the sugar melts and turns to a nice golden color.(gently flip the bananas not to mash them) Collect the caramelized banana on a small plate and set aside until we use it.
4. To make custard sauce: To a saucepan, add 1/2 cup sugar and 1Tbsflour. Whisk lightly. Add 1.5 cups of milk and 1/2 cups of condensed milk.
5. Place the saucepan over medium heat. Stir the mixture for 8 to 10 mins till it slightly thickens.
6. Whisk egg yolk: To a small mixing bowl whisk 2 egg yolks until it turns to a pale yellow color.
7. Pour the custard sauce: Now to the beaten egg yolks, add the custard and beat for 2 mins.
8. Back to heat: Pour the custard mixture to a saucepan and stir over medium heat for 3 mins till the custard is thickened.
The custard should coat the back of the spatula.
9. Off from the heat, mix in vanilla essence and butte.
10. To assemble: to a baking dish or any type of serving glass, first sprinkle some crushed biscuits, add a layer of caramelized banana, pour in the custard.
11. Repeat the layers: crumbled biscuits, caramelized banana, and custard sauce.
12. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
13. Before serving: sprinkle some crushed biscuits over the pudding and serve.
Tips to make best banana Pudding:
Carmelized banana: I had caramelised banana to get the soft sugar coated bananas as they taste delicious, But you can simply slice the bananas and add in to make banana Pudding.
Egg yolks: make sure to whisk the egg yolks to get the pale yellow colour.
Custard sauce to egg yolk: pour the custard sauce into the egg yolks while whisking the egg yolks in another hand.
Biscuits: I have used biscuits, you may also use vanilla wafers/ graham crackers.
- Category: dessert
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: italian, continental
Keywords: banana Pudding, banana Pudding recipe, easy banana pudding