This baked Mac and cheese recipe is super easy to make, a classic version with simple and pantry friendly ingredients with crunchy Panko breadcrumbs layer makes it truly delicious.
What You'll Find in This Post (Show all)
What is mac and cheese?
This classic mac and cheese recipe is ultimate comfort food, this recipe enjoyed by all ages, a steaming bowl of pasta with creamy dreamy Mac and cheese sauce makes everything better.
This Mac and cheese traces its roots to Italy and grew its popularity across Europe and later period of time the American cooks improvised using cheddar cheese, nutmeg powder, mustard powder and more affordable processed cheese.
How do you make mac and cheese from scratch?
1.Cook macaroni or elbow pasta for 5 minutes
2. Roast the Panko breadcrumbs in butter till they are lightly golden.
3. and then make a white sauce by adding butter, flour, pepper powder, milk stir to make a sauce.
4. Once the sauce is done, add cooked pasta and cheese.
5. Transfer to a baking dish, sprinkle breadcrumbs on top and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
What is mac and cheese sauce?
Mac and cheese sauce: It is the mix of butter, flour, pepper powder, milk and cheese.
Whisk together to get a creamy mac and cheese sauce.
Why this recipe homemade mac and cheese recipe works:
1.Simple and easy to make.
2. Add a combination of cheese to get the best results.
3.Can be served as a breakfast, dinner or brunch.
How to make Homemade mac and cheese:
Tips to make the best macaroni recipe:
1. Cook the pasta just for 5 minutes and we gonna bake it that ensures the pasta is well cooked.
2. Fry the Panko crumbs in butter to get a nice golden colour that helps to enhance the flavour.
3. Whisk the flour and the milk vigorously to avoid lumps and to get a creamy white sauce.
4. Do not overcook the white sauce with cheese for a longer time, it thickens quicker.
5. I had mozzarella cheese so I have added it if you want the creamier Mac can cheese add a combination of cheddar cheese and parmesan.
1. What is the best cheese to use for Mac n cheese?
The best cheese for macaroni and cheese is parmesan, cheddar, gruyere, cream cheese, mozzarella. Adding a combination of cheeses gives you the best Mac n cheese.
2. What can you add to Mac and cheese to make it better?
You can add a pinch of nutmeg powder, mustard sauce, hot sauce, Italian seasonings, red pepper flakes gives you an additional flavour.
3. What are the calories for macaroni recipe?
The calories for macaroni recipe is 200 calories per serving.