Baked Feta pasta Recipe is another TikTok viral recipe that is easy to make and has big bold flavors of irresistible roasted tomatoes, garlic, and feta cheese! It’s so creamy and delicious, and it’s definitely worth the hype!
what is baked Feta pasta?
Tiktok feta pasta is extremely popular; it is one of the simplest pasta recipes that can be made with minimal effort but incredible flavor!
This feta pasta recipe is made by literally baking a block of feta cheese, cherry tomato, and garlic to make an irresistibly divine and delectable sauce.
This recipe was created by a Finnish blogger, Tiuu Piret, who posted the first known version of the dish, which was adapted by Jenni hayrine- a simplified version of Unnifetapasta that went viral, literally running out of feta cheese in Finland!
The feta cheese on pasta is one of the genius gourmet ways to make pasta with little effort but a flavor that will leave you craving more!
Reason To love this feta pasta recipe:
- The prepping time is reduced because all you have to do is bake the feta cheese and tomatoes while the pasta is simmering. It’s a coin toss. So quick and simple.
- The flavors are truly enchanting! Although the recipe is simple to prepare, you will be astounded at how the simple and humble ingredients combine to create a heavenly recipe.
- Add your favorite vegetables, proteins, sausage, and pasta types. Simply make it the way you want it! It’s a stand-alone dish that’s very filling.
ingredients & The notes:
- Tomatoes: Use cherry or grape tomatoes that are ripe, as they help to blend when baked with feta.
- Pasta: Any type of pasta will do! Smaller to medium-sized ones work best because they cradle the sauce and are easy to toss.
- Feta cheese: This is the star of the recipe. Use a high-quality block of feta cheese for the best results, as the entire flavor profile is dependent on it.
- Garlic – I strongly recommend you to use fresh garlic ( not garlic powder)
- Basil – Fresh basil adds a lot of flavor and aroma to the sauce.
- Red pepper flakes – Red pepper flakes enliven the dish and, when combined with the creamy tomato feta sauce, bundle a powerful punch.
- Lemon zest– energizes the sauce and brings out the subtle flavors.
- Dried Oregano– We use dried oregano rather than just fresh.
- Pepper powder– I recommend starting with a small amount and gradually increasing to taste.
- Thyme– Though it is optional, I used fresh thyme, but you can also use dried thyme.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Preheat your oven 400 degrees F/ 200 C.
- Cook your pasta in salted water for 10 minutes, until the pasta is cooked al dente. Reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water. (Step 1)
- Place the cherry tomatoes in oven safe baking dish, pour in olive oil, season with salt and pepper and add in garlic. Toss to combine well. ( Step 2)
- Place the block of feta cheese in the middle of the baking dish. Splash some olive oil, sprinkle redchilli flakes and dried oregano. (Step 3 & 4)
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes, until the tomatoes are squishy and the feta cheese has lightly browned. ( Step 5)
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, quickly add in chopped basil leaves . (Step 6)
- Using whisk or spatula combine cooked tomatoes and feta cheese. (Step 7)
- Transfer the strained cooked pasta to the baking dish, add in reserved pasta water and toss to combine. (Step 8)
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve. (Step 9)
- For the best results, use fresh ingredients. The combination of good quality feta cheese, cherry tomato/grape tomato (not canned), fresh basil, and garlic brings out wonderful flavors.
- Every pasta shape will work, but the smaller pasta will help to hold the sauce and blend well with the magnificent sauce.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water in case the pasta comes out dry and you need to add more liquid to make a creamier sauce.
- For the tomatoes to be crowded, use a small/medium baking dish.
- Use full-fat feta cheese for the best results.
- What goes with baked feta pasta recipe?
This baked feta cheese is a stand-alone recipe that is ideal for brunch, lunch, or dinner! Serve with salad, soups, or grilled meat.
- How long can I store it feta pasta?
The leftover feta pasta can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Can I make it on the stove?
Yes! You can make this recipe on the stovetop by cooking the tomatoes until tender and the feta cheese until softened, which takes about 15 minutes.
- How to Re-heat feta pasta recipe?
Microwave: The feta pasta tends to dry out, so sprinkle some milk or warm water over the pasta and microwave for 1 minute or until the pasta is warmed through.
Stovetop: You can reheat pasta on the stovetop, drizzle some milk or warm water. Cover and warm the pasta in low heat for 10 minutes.
- Can I make the recipe with crumbled feta cheese?
Yes! Crumbled feta cheese works well for this recipe, but keep eye on it while t baking because crumbled cheese cooks faster, and keep it in the middle rack of the oven for even cooking.
- What are the variations you can make?
You can use leftover chicken or rotisserie, shrimp, Italian sausage.
Veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, mushroom, bell peppers, fresh spinach can be added.
- How to fix the Dry pasta?
Add the reserved pasta water, stir in to bring the consistency.
- How to make baked feta Dip?
Once the cherry tomato and feta have been baked, mix them to make a creamy consistency! This can be used as baked feta dip.
This can be served with French fries, falafel.
Other recipes you may like to try:
Did you know commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways you can support your favorite food bloggers? If you made this recipe, please click the stars below to comment and Rate this Recipe and/or share photos on social media using the hashtag #Nithisclickncook or tagging @nithisclickncookPrint