When did avocado Toast Originate?
According to Rico Torres, co-chef of Mixtli, Texas, the records of humans eating avocado is 10,000 years ago in Puebla, Mexico, and Originating Mexico and there before spreading to central and south America.
Before the Avocado on toasted bread, it is used as the avocado on the tortilla.
The Peruvians have the traditions of eating mashed avocado on the toast or bread and they call it as pan con palta and it is served as the breakfast, snack, or with tea.
Reason To love these Avocado Toast Recipes:
It is super healthy and Nutritious. Avocados are a great source of Vitamin C, K, B6. It also provides carotene and omega -3 fatty acids.
It can be made vegan and gluten-free.
This Avocado toast is great for the weight loss and it is the replacement of the high caloric toppings.
There are literally so many variations you can make on the avocado toast.
How to make Avocado Toast:
Tips to make Avocado Toast Recipes:
Toast the bread in butter and rub some minced garlic on the toasted bread for more flavors.
You may use white bread, whole wheat bread, French bread, bagel, sour bread, or any pieces of bread that are readily available.
I prefer to toast the bread on the pan, you can grill on the oven as well, placing them on a baking sheet or you can use your toaster to toast your bread.
Mashing the avocado smoothy or chunky texture is easy to spread on the toast. Some people prefer to slice or chop and use on the toast.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How do you know if an avocado is ripe?
Ripe, ready to eat avocados have a darker color and by the gentle firm pressure, it will feel soft which means the avocados are ready to use.
Generally, avocados do not ripen on the tree they have been harvested and then it ripens, to speed up the ripening process, you can place the unripe avocado in a brown paper bag with bananas for two to three days or you can place them on the bag of rice to ripen.
2. How do you eat avocado toast?
Avocado toast is best served for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or anytime snacks!
3. Is avocado toast vegan?
Yes! This avocado toast is vegan.
4. What are the avocado toast recipe toppings?
The quick toppings are toasted nuts like flax seeds, almonds, walnuts, sesame seeds, jalapeno, paprika, balsamic vinegar, or lemon juice.
The Avacado Breakfast /Avocado spread has so many toppings,
Avocado toast with egg: Heat a nonstick pan, spray oil and crack an egg sprinkle salt and pepper. Cover and cook as per your preference. Now, Top the cooked egg on the avocado toast and serve!
Avocado toast with poached egg: Poach the egg in the boiling water and cook the 3 to 4 minutes till the eggs are cooked. Top the poached egg on the avocado Toast.
Avocado Toast with cheese: Cheese like Colby jack cheese, mozzarella, can be topped and baked in the oven for 20 to 30 seconds minutes till the cheeses are melted.
You can top with crumbled goat cheese as well.
Avocado toast with scrambled egg: Scramble the eggs with pepper and salt. Place the scrambled egg on top of the avocado toast and serve.
Avocado toast with hardboiled eggs: Hard boil the eggs, slice them, sprinkle salt and pepper powder. Top on the avocado toast and serve.
Avocado toast with cherry tomato: Place the sliced cherry tomato on the toast, sprinkle balsamic vinegar, chopped basil leaves, and serve.
Recipes you may like to try:
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!Print
Make this Simple, healthy avocado toast recipe that is easy to make, nutritious can be served on the crusty bread!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 4 bread slices
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 avocado (smaller )
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1/8 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon almonds sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mash the avocado using potato masher or fork. You can smash them to a creamy texture or chunky ones.
- Add lemon juice, coriander leaves, and salt. Mix well.
- Toast the bread slices using butter to a crunchy golden color.
- Spread the guacamole. Sprinkle chili flakes, white sesame seeds or sliced almonds.
- Toast the bread in butter and rub some minced garlic on the toasted bread for more flavors.
- You may use white bread, whole wheat bread, French bread, bagel, sour bread, or any pieces of bread that are readily available.
- I prefer to toast the bread on the pan, you can grill on the oven as well placing them on a baking sheet or you can your toaster to toast your bread.
- Mashing the avocado smoothy or chunky texture is easy to spread on the toast. Some people prefer to slice or chop and use on the toast.
Keywords: avocado toast , avocado toast recipe, avocado toast recipes