Apple Cinnamon crisp is a lightly sweetened dish, flavored by cinnamon and layered by a crisp layer of oats.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 tablespoon dried blueberries (optional)
- For the Filling:
- 1 green apple
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder/ Nutmeg powder
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- These all the apple cinnamon crisp Toppings.
- To a small mixing bowl, add oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, flour.
- Mix well to combine.
- Add butter, mix the butter to get a crumbly texture, and set aside.
- Let’s make the filling: These all the ingredients to make apple fillings. I have peeled and diced the apple.
- Add all the ingredients given for the apple fillings
- Gently give a mix.
- Transfer to the baking tray
- Sprinkle the topping and blueberries all over the apple. These are ready to pop in the oven
- Bake for 350 degrees F/ 180 degrees C for 30 to 35 minutes.
Tips to make the best apple cinnamon crisp:
1. If you want the oats to be crispy as well as chewy, you can use rolled oats instead of quick-cooking oats.
2. If you want to enhance the taste of the apple cinnamon crisp, you can add a bit of clove and nutmeg so that it has a mild titillating flavor.
3. If you prefer a slightly tangy flavor other than all the sweet taste, you can squeeze in a few drops of lemon juice for the extra zing.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Apple crisp, Apple crisp recipe, Easy apple crisp