This Apple Cinnamon Crisp is all know that the combination of apple and cinnamon is a match made in heaven. Apple crisp is a lightly sweetened dish, flavored by Cinnamon, and layered by a crisp layer of oats.
This apple delicacy is perfect for any season. Apple cinnamon crisp is loaded with fiber and omega 3 fatty acids, thanks to the crisp and healthy oats that you gonna love it.
To top it all, like the cherry on the cake, it is extremely delicious and you just can’t stop munching on the apple cinnamon crisp.
My family loved this apple crisp because of the heavenly combinations of apple and cinnamon, soft fruit and crunchy oats, and the overall taste of it.
I prepared it quickly with the help of a few basic ingredients that are handy in my kitchen.
We relished it for over 2 days with different toppings such as honey, nuts and cocoa powder, etc.
Why this recipe works:
• Loaded with the goodness of apples, as it is a very rich source of iron and glucose.
It is very healthy as the oats are a good source of fiber and other micronutrients.
• Easy process: Prepare the topping, prepare the filling, bake, and serve! You are just 3 simple steps away from the delicious apple cinnamon crisp.
• Can be served as a dessert or as a snack. It can be quickly prepared at any time of the day.
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Crisp:
Tips to make the best apple crisp:
1. If you want the oats to be crispy as well as chewy, you can use rolled oats instead of quick-cooking oats.
2. If you want to enhance the taste of the apple cinnamon crisp, you can add a bit of clove and nutmeg so that it has a mild titillating flavor.
3. If you prefer a slightly tangy flavor other than all the sweet taste, you can squeeze in a few drops of lemon juice for the extra zing.
1. Which apples are the best to make this recipe?
Any apple that you prefer can be used to make this healthy apple recipe.
I prefer using sweet apples so that I won’t need to add excessive sugar.
You can also use different varieties of apples for this recipe.
2. How long can I store?
You can store your apple crisp at room temperature for 1 –2 days. It will easily last for a week if you refrigerate it.
You can freeze it and store it for up to 3 months.
You can eat it cold and frozen or you can thaw it in the oven at very low temperature.
3. How to serve the apple crisp?
You can serve the apple cinnamon crisp with a generous dollop of vanilla or butterscotch ice cream, or any flavored ice cream of your choice.
If you are diet conscious, you can substitute ice cream with fresh, thick yogurt.
Drizzle honey or add roasted nuts or caramel sauce or add anything else that you prefer.
4. How will I know that the apple cinnamon crisp recipe is baked well?
When the topping turns slightly golden brown and the juice from the apple starts bubbling from the edges, you will know that the apple is baked well.
Other Recipes You May Like to try:
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!Print