- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Category: Breakfast/dinner
- Cuisine: Indian
- Par- boiled rice/puzhungal arisi-1 cup
- Raw rice/ pacha arisi-1cup
- Urud dal-5 tbs
- Fenugreek seeds-3tsps
- Salt- to taste.
- Baking soda- 2 pinch.
- Soak the rice separately and urud dal+fenugreek seeds separately for 1 hour.
- Grind into a fine batter, by adding water, add some salt.
- Make the batter to ferment for 4 hours.
- The consistency of the batter should be thinner than the normal dosa batter.
- Add the baking soda only before making the aapam,
- Heat up the aapam pan, pour a full laddle of batter, and hold the two sides of the pan and rotate in a circular motion, to make the edges thin.
- Drizzle a drop of oil.
- Take out the aapam once the edges turns golden brown.
- Now the aapam is Ready! Serve with coconut milk.
STEP BY STEP PICTURES: Appam Recipe | Homemade Appam Recipe |Traditional Appam Recipe
AAPAM is ready!!! Serve hot with coconut milk!!!!