This Air fryer shrimp recipe is irresistibly juicy with layers of flavor, perfectly fried shrimp, and on your table in under 8 minutes!
what is Air Fryer Shrimp?
This Air fried shrimp recipe is a simple, quick, and easy-to-make recipe with pantry-friendly ingredients that create an amazing spice rub with paprika, Italian mixed seasonings, pepper powder, lemon juice, olive oil & garlic.
It is then Air fried to golden perfection with exploding flavors all over.
This Air fryer shrimp recipe can also be cooked on the stovetop or in the oven as well.
The shrimp recipe tastes delicious on its own but exponentially better if served with Mayonnaise or garlic Dip.
Reason to love this shrimp recipe:
- Quick & Easy: Shrimp is one of the simplest ingredients to prepare when you’re short on time. As I previously stated, the ingredients are simple and pantry-friendly, allowing you to create the perfect juicy, succulent Air fried shrimp! This shrimp in air fryer recipe can also be made with frozen shrimp, so you can make this air-fried shrimp whenever you want!
- Flavorful: The spice rub is incredibly flavorful, and the shrimp are air fried with lemon wedges, making it spectacularly delicious.
- Healthy: It is the healthiest way to eat shrimp. The amount of oil used in this recipe is minimal, but the flavour is not compromised; additionally, the outside is crisp, while the inside is tender and juicy.
Ingredients & The Notes:
- Shrimp: Shrimp is high in omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. It is low in calories and high in protein, and it is also a good source of iodine. It is necessary to wash and devein the shrimp, or you can save time by purchasing a shrimp that has already been shelled and deveined.
- Seasonings: They are the flavour base for this air-fried shrimp recipe. Other seasonings can be chosen and used as desired.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice adds a zing to the flavour. You can use either fresh or bottled water.
- Lemon wedges: Don’t dismiss the lemon wedges that are lying around the shrimp; after they’ve been air-fried, lightly squeeze over the shrimp and taste it. They are delicious and go well with shrimp.
Step By Step Instruction:
- To make a marinade, combine all of the seasonings, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and lemon juice. ( step 1)
- Mix in the washed shrimp until the marinade is evenly coated over the shrimp. (Step 2 & 3)
- Arrange the shrimp and lemon wedges in an air fryer basket/rack in a single layer. 1 teaspoon olive oil, drizzled or sprayed over the shrimp
- Cook for 8 minutes, then top with chopped parsley or cilantro and serve immediately.
- Prawns/ shrimp: The whole flavor of the Air fryer shrimp is in the shrimp! Get the fresh shrimp for a better taste and flavor.
- You may use any size prawns /shrimp for this recipe.As the size increase, it will be taken more minutes to cook and you can tell when the prawns cooked as they will turn to a pink color and half curve shape.
- Do not overcook the shrimp for a longer time as they become rubbery.
- The marinade is key to the shrimp, you can add any spices or seasonings as you prefer. You can marinate the shrimp for 30 minutes or a minimum of 10 minutes.
- I have removed the tail of the shrimp, you can also keep the tail intact.
- How to buy Fresh shrimps?
Fresh shrimps with a shell that has a firm and glossy appearance. If you find a black spot on the shell it is an indicator that the shrimp is no longer fresh.
- How do you serve?
- How long can I store it?
The leftover can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerator for 1 or 2 days. But I prefer serving them fresh as you re-heat the shrimp it may lose the texture.
To Reheat: Microwave for a minute with 20 seconds of regular interval until the shrimps are warmed up.
- Can you put frozen shrimp in an air fryer?
Yes, Having frozen shrimp is so handy and convenient when you crave for shrimps.
You can thaw the frozen shrimp by submerging in a bowl of water or allow them to thaw in the refrigerator overnight and thoroughly pat them to dry.
- Can I make this recipe on the stovetop?
Yes, the recipe can be created on the stovetop as well,
Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil or butter in a skillet, place the shrimp in a single layer.
medium-sized prawns takes 3 to 4 minutes to cook.
For large shrimp, it takes 5 to 6 minutes
And For Jumbo prawns 7 to 8 minutes.
Other Recipes you may like try:
Did you know commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways you can support your favorite food bloggers? If you made this recipe, please click the stars below to comment and Rate this Recipe and/or share photos on social media using the hashtag #Nithisclickncook or tagging @nithisclickncookPrint