Crispy Air Fryer Fish Fillet recipe – The fish are delicately rubbed with paprika, lemon juice, pepper powder seasonings and coated with panko bread crumbs to make the crunchier air fryer fish that you can make in less than 20 minutes!
What is Air Fryer Fish?
This Air Fryer fish fillet recipe has a tonne of flavor, is juicy on the inside, and crunchy on the outside, and it’s going to be your new favorite! This recipe is perfect for both kids and adults who can’t get enough of these extremely delicious crunchy, crispy air fryer fish.
The fish fillet has been smeared with panko bread crumbs with the amazing marinade that improves everything and gives you a crustiness on every bite!
The fish cooks much faster in the Air Fryer than in the oven! This recipe is simple, quick, and hassle-free.
The fish is seasoned with all of your favorite spices, providing you with the ultimate palate-pleasing experience.
The best part of the recipe is that you can absolutely tweak or add a new twist to it to make an incredibly flavorful, crunchy, and golden fish fillet recipe.
Reason to love :
- It’s extremely tender, crispy, and flaky!
- It has layers of flavor that are perfectly seasoned, and you will want to eat more and more of it!
- Generally oil-free, though a teaspoon of oil may be required; not greasy like deep-fried fish.
What you’ll need to make:
- Fish – You’ll need 5 slices of fish fillet for this recipe. Any type of fish 1- inch thick would work.
- Seasonings – I have used paprika, pepper powder, dried oregano. Check out the FAQS sections below for more seasonings ideas.
- Lemon juice – Lemon juice truly awakens the flavors of the spices.
- Olive oil – I have used extra virgin olive oil, you may use vegetable oil or you can skip oil if needed.
- Panko bread crumbs– It has a light and airy texture. It is most commonly used in Japanese cooking.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Place the fish slices on a plate after washing them and patting them dry with a paper towel. ( I have washed my fish fillet using turmeric powder, hence the colour)
- Combine all of the seasonings in a mixing bowl. ( Photo 1)
- Whisk in the lemon juice and olive oil to combine. (Photos 2,3 &4)
- Add the washed fish to the spice marinade and rub it all over. Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate. (Photo 5)
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Smear the panko bread crumbs all over the fish and spread the panko bread crumbs all over the plate.(Photos 6 & 7)
- Place the fish in the air fryer basket in a single layer and drizzle with a tablespoon of oil.Air fry the fish for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C), flipping after 8 minutes. (Photo 8)
- Buy the freshest fish that helps you to make the best recipe.
- Do not crowd the air fryer basket that will prevent the fish from crisping.
- Pre-heat your air Fryer to ensure the temperature to be right when you cook the fish.
- Before placing the fish in the air fryer, make sure to drizzle lightly with an oil that helps you to get the crunchier coating.
- You could use either fresh fish fillets or frozen fish fillets.
- To defrost, leave them out at room temperature for a couple of hours or place them in the refrigerator overnight.
- Use a thicker fish fillet instead of a thin one.
- The cooking time varies depending on the type or model of air fryer you use.
- To test the doneness of the fish, gently poke it with a fork to look for soft white cooked fish.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the best fish to air fry?
The white fish with a firm texture is the best fish for the air fryer such as Tilapia, cod, halibut, salmon, mahi-mahi, monkfish, seabass work well.
However, do not limit yourself from making this air fryer fish, You can use fish that are available in your province. Make sure the fish is fresh and not thin.
- How do you serve?
This air fryer fish pairs beautifully well with salted vegetables, garlic Mayonnaise,
Yum Yum sauce, hot sauce, or tartar sauce.
- How long can I store it?
You can store the leftover air-fried fish in the refrigerator. Bring the fish to room temperature, store them in the air-tight container. This way it keeps well and good for 2 days.
- Can I Freeze?
Absolutely! If you would like to store the fish for a little longer, store them in the freezer. Bring the fish to room temperature, store them in the freezer-safe container/freezer-safe bag. It stays good for 2 months.
- Can you Re-heat air fryer fish?
Yes! You can re-heat the fish that has been kept in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Just air- fry the fish for 4 to 5 minutes in a pre-heated air fryer before serving.
- How long does it take to cook fish in the air fryer?
The crispy fish will take around 10 to 12 minutes in the air fryer. It totally depends on the thickness of your fillet and the
Air fryer model that you are using.
- What are the other seasonings?
You can play around with herbs and seasonings of your choice. Herbs & spices like rosemary, thyme, coriander leaves, parsley, sage, fennel, dill, smoked paprika, garlic, cayenne pepper, onion powder, cajun seasonings, chipotle creole spice, garlic pepper seasonings, lemon pepper seasonings, jerk seasoning, zaatar spice works perfectly well for air fryer fish.
- Can I use regular bread crumbs instead of panko?
No! I don’t recommend using regular bread crumbs. Panko bread crumbs are the key to the crunchier coating. The size of the panko bread crumbs is slightly larger than the normal bread crumbs so they make it crisper.
other Recipes you may like to try:
Did you know commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways you can support your favorite food bloggers? If you made this recipe, please click the stars below to comment and Rate this Recipe and/or share photos on social media using the hashtag #Nithisclickncook or tagging @nithisclickncookPrint